Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] millerhouse@talktalk.net is offline

Default Caravan radio reception problem

Hi - I'm new here so be gentle, please! Briefly, I've got a JVC car radio in my caravan fitted as standard by the manufacturer but since day 1 there has been problems with the reception which has a continuous buzzing/crackling kind of sound in the background. Complained to dealer who said it was OK but installed new aerial because of rust on the old one but problem persists. The aerial has a 12v connection so presumably has a pre-amplifier of some sort. I've taken it out of the housing but connections appear to be OK. Strangely, reception improved when I did this but interference started again as soon as it was put back. Can anybody suggest what might be causing the problems?