glad heart

Default Battery backup for Sony clock radio

Hi everyone. Bought a new Sony ICF-C212 Dream Machine clock radio.
Inexpensive. Instructions say:

"To keep good time, your Dream Machine needs one 6F22 battery (not
supplied), in addition to house current. The battery keeps the clock
operating in the event of a power interruption."

Does this imply that the battery is NEEDED for proper function, or is
it merely the backup if house current is interupted, and hence
OPTIONAL? My needs are not so rigorous that I need backup power.

Thanks,

Jim
James Nipper

The battery is optional. The radio works fine on the house ac power
until you lose that power. If you have the optional battery installed,
that battery will keep the clock going for a while until the main power is
restored.

--James--

glad heart

Thanks James. Much obliged.