mayhemkrew

Default 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Remote Rear Defrost/Heated Seats (Security system)

I was wanting to use the channel 4 output on a Viper 791xv to power a rear
defrost switch, since it can be turned on and off (latched/unlatched)
whenever needed remotely. But I was informed that this would not be a good
option because it would be on longer than it should be (instead of a timed
output of 5mins like with the Blue/White output wire does). The only problem
I have with using the blue/wht output wire is that it would be active all
the time when the remote start is active. So, my question is do you think
leaving the rear defroster on for 15-24 minutes will damage anything? Just
want to get all opinions. Also, I was told the wire is white @ the switch
and possibly negative trigger. If negative trigger is the alarm strong
enough to turn the switch on, or do I need to use a relay? I want to get all
info/parts before I go and do the job.

Second question is turning on the heated seats. Any info on that,
color/polarity? I would be using the channel 4 or 5 output to activate this
as well.

Prompt response would be great since I am doing this job saturday
10/16/2004. Thanks.

Noozer

"mayhemkrew" wrote in message
[...]

Add a three way toggle switch near the on/off toggle switch that you hide
under the dash... Position 1 for winter that ties the automatic start to do
a momentary push on the defrost circuit. Position 2 is off. Position 3 is
summer so that it will do a momentary push on the AC circuit.

This adds the bonus of turning on the AC during the summer as well as doing
the defrost properly during the winter.

Use a double throw switch and you can run the seat heating through it as
well, so it only comes on during the winter setting.