Lucky No One

Default 2000 taurus sel aftermarket deck kit?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company or a place where I could
buy a SEL conversion kit to install my own aftermarket deck? The only
conversion kits I have seen change the electronic HVAC control system
to a big dial system. I want to keep my electronic controls. Any ideas
besides mounting an aftermarket deck under the seat or in some odd
location?

Thanks,

- Andy
Masterson

If you have electonic controls, there is no dash kit.
Your stuck with the factory deck.

The dash kit that is on the market will only cpnvert
to an aftermarket radios if you have the manual
controls.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company or a place where I could
buy a SEL conversion kit to install my own aftermarket deck? The only
conversion kits I have seen change the electronic HVAC control system
to a big dial system. I want to keep my electronic controls. Any ideas
besides mounting an aftermarket deck under the seat or in some odd
location?

Thanks,

- Andy

Jonathan Kaplan

I sympathize. I used to have a 1999 Sable with electronic controls and was
stuck with the factory radio because of the faceplate problem. I eventually
used high level audio outputs into a five channel amplifer and added and FM
modulated XM adaptor and subwoofer.

Sound was good, but the constant engine whine was very annoying.

When I purchased my next vehicle, a standard radio was a major factor. I
purchased a Dodge RAM 1500 and replaced the factory AMFM CD with an Alpine
Head unit, five channel amp, subwoofer,and integrated XM tuner. Also four
Boston Acoustic speakers.

No engine whine and flawless sound!