Whiplash

Default 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Amp Location

I just bought my wife a new set of speakers and an amp for her 2002
Mitsu Eclipse. The amp is pretty good size and with all the stuff that
ends up on the floorboards in her car, I really don't want to put it
under the seat.

I was thinking of mounting it to the back of one of the rear passenger
seats. Will that work? Should I mount a piece of plywood on there first
or just screw the amp to the back of the seat?

Thanks!