Brian Humphrey

Default 2002-04 Explorer Hands-Free Cell and XM Install

I'd like to hear from others who have installed a hands-free cell phone
and/or XM Satellite Radio system into their 2002-04 Ford Explorers or
Mercury Mountaineers. Personal experience, opinions or directions to
websites and forums (especially with photos and detailed comments) is most
welcome.

I have a 2003 Explorer Limited with the 6CD Stereo and am interested in how
others mounted or incorporated their cell phone and/or XM radio. I am
anticipating use of a Pro-Fit mount for the cell phone:

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/FO-71-02.pdf

....but welcome all ideas.

Of particular interest is the integration with the 6CD Stereo, which
includes a "Mute/Phone" button. I have yet to discover the documentation for
how this feature can be utilized properly in a hands-free install.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Because I don't visit this newsgroup
often, an e-mail reply along with a forum response would be truly
appreciated.

Brian Humphrey