Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keith Keith is offline

Default Livewire EXM25 Cables - No Strain Relief

On Sep 1, 5:59*am, "Danielle E" wrote:
I just came home with 2 XLR microphone cables that I will use as speaker
cables between a mixer and powered speakers.

I am not sure of your situation but I like the right-angle designed
connectors. Neutrik has has an RX series of these with 'improved
chuck-type' strain relief 'as part of their specifications. A 90
degree design allows the cable to hang down neatly rather than
'droop' ,seems to get it out of the way of tripping accidents and most
importantly the 90 deg.design gives it a solid 'handle' to withdraw
and insert.
Funny,the web-site says 'lifetime- 1000 mating cycles'. On a thread
years ago I was discussing this in connection with our Church practice
to regularly connect/disconnect(mating cycle sounds better!) choir and
table mics. 20 yrs is over the 1000 cycles!

Keith

Spam Relief Steve King Pro Audio 6 April 9th 08 04:24 PM
Powerful Relief TMJ Pain Techniques [email protected] Pro Audio 0 May 13th 06 06:28 PM
FA: PreSonus ACP-88 100% goes to Katrina relief John L Rice Pro Audio 3 September 19th 05 03:08 AM
Hurricane relief sale: two MOTU 1224's w/ PCI 324 card Tom Sullivan Pro Audio 34 September 7th 05 11:49 PM