Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Profile vs Alpine Amps

I need 2 amps for my new car - a 4 channel putting out between 65 and
80 RMS and a single channel putting out around 400 RMS into 4 ohms. I
was looking at the alpine MRD-M605 and MRV-F345 to do this job. I can
get them on ebay for around 230-240 shipped apiece.

Then I saw the Profile's on Crutchfield - the 1040 which is 80W RMS x 4
for 150 and the AP1200 which is 600RMSx1 bridged into 4 ohms for 170.
The prices for the alpines are high at crutchfield - $400 and $450. My
question is, am I better off just getting the profiles from crutchfield
and having the full warranty or getting the alpines from ebay and
forfeiting the warranty? Are the alpine's really that much better of an
amp?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Kirby

I find the alpine amps will actually put out the power that the claim,
profile wont reall live up to what they claim. Also the reliability is much
better with the Alpine amplifiers. Trust me, you get what you pay for.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need 2 amps for my new car - a 4 channel putting out between 65 and
80 RMS and a single channel putting out around 400 RMS into 4 ohms. I
was looking at the alpine MRD-M605 and MRV-F345 to do this job. I can
get them on ebay for around 230-240 shipped apiece.

Then I saw the Profile's on Crutchfield - the 1040 which is 80W RMS x 4
for 150 and the AP1200 which is 600RMSx1 bridged into 4 ohms for 170.
The prices for the alpines are high at crutchfield - $400 and $450. My
question is, am I better off just getting the profiles from crutchfield
and having the full warranty or getting the alpines from ebay and
forfeiting the warranty? Are the alpine's really that much better of an
amp?

rockforddr rockforddr is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Working on amps for a living gives me an advantage to tell you flat out that Alpine is the better amp. Alpine is build better, look better, and sound better. Spend the few extra $ and go with the Alpine.
RockfordDr