Laurence Payne

Default Formatting and partitioning prior to loading XP?

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:48:30 +0200, Peter Larsen
wrote:

My knowledge is incomplete but I have never seen a difference in the
speed wherewith Cool Edit 2000 reads a file on a fat partition that
correlated with differences in block size.

And, more of a test, those of us who run multi-track recording systems
find no appreciable difference in performance between FAT and NTFS, or
between different block sizes in either, when reading/writing 10 or 20
audio files simultaneously.
Geoff Wood

Peter Larsen wrote:
Laurence Payne wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:36:25 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

Exaxtly my point. Editing BOOT.INI even with the GUI
interface (if you can find it!) is not something I would feel
comfortable recommending to the average computer user.

Try it. Windows XP won't LET you save an edited version until
you've renamed your current BOOT.INI, thus creating a backup.

There is a text mode command called attrib .... O;-) ... changing what
OS to boot as default can be done from a subpage of the System
settings and is easiest done there.

Or a right-click and 'Properties' on hte file from Explorer.

geoff

Randy Yates

Hey people - off-topic. I normally wouldn't say anything, but
a bazillion posts on the topic here is getting annoying.

--RY

--
% Randy Yates % "Remember the good old 1980's, when
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % things were so uncomplicated?"
Laurence Payne

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:22:55 GMT, Randy Yates wrote:

Hey people - off-topic. I normally wouldn't say anything, but
a bazillion posts on the topic here is getting annoying.

Topics grow and mutate.
Live with it. ;-)

Laurence Payne

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:47:27 GMT, Randy Yates wrote:

People don't like the rules being broken. Live with it.

And, Usenet-wide, netiquette postings are by far the most popular,
and are somehow immune from complaints of being off-topic :-)
Randy Yates

Laurence Payne writes:

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:47:27 GMT, Randy Yates wrote:

People don't like the rules being broken. Live with it.

And, Usenet-wide, netiquette postings are by far the most popular,
and are somehow immune from complaints of being off-topic :-)

Specifying that a post is off-topic for a group's topic is on-topic.
--
% Randy Yates % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"
Geoff Wood

Randy Yates wrote:
Hey people - off-topic. I normally wouldn't say anything, but
a bazillion posts on the topic here is getting annoying.

Do you not get to see the thread subject with yournewsreader ? If not, get
a new one that supports that basic function, or learn to read subject lines
and decide whether or not you want to read the post.

If you don't like the topic, move your eyes down the list until you find a
topic that meets your approval and read that instead.

geoff

Geoff Wood

Randy Yates wrote:
Laurence Payne writes:

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:47:27 GMT, Randy Yates wrote:

People don't like the rules being broken. Live with it.

And, Usenet-wide, netiquette postings are by far the most popular,
and are somehow immune from complaints of being off-topic :-)

Specifying that a post is off-topic for a group's topic is on-topic.

The subject of the post is on-topic for those of us who produce audio with
that equipment.

By your reasoning people shouldn't post about Neumann mics if YOU don''t
happen to use one.

geoff

Peter Larsen

Geoff Wood wrote:

There is a text mode command called attrib .... O;-) ...
changing what OS to boot as default can be done from a
subpage of the System settings and is easiest done there.

Or a right-click and 'Properties' on hte file from Explorer.

There is no gui access to the "system" flag, and there is no access to
the file until you toggle it.

geoff

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter Larsen

Randy Yates wrote:

Hey people - off-topic. I normally wouldn't say anything, but
a bazillion posts on the topic here is getting annoying.

If this was only about system attributes and how to unset them in a
windows nt environment, then of course you would right about this. But
is is only 3274 permutations ago the question was about a DAW .... O;-)
.... and DAW issues are probably also rec.audio.tech issues nowadays.

--RY

Kind regards

Peter Larsen