Len Moskowitz

Default High-Res Audio DVD-A Burner Software News

In the DVD-A versus SACD high resolution audio battle, small studios
that record 24/96, 24/192 and surround have already chosen the winner:
only DVD-A allows you to burn high-res audio disks on your PCs and Macs.

For PCs, Minnetonka Audio's discWelder series of software was the only
choice. For the last few months I've been using disWelder Steel to burn
the tracks I create using Adobe Audition, Sony's Sound Forge and
Steinberg's Wavelab; it works very well. MA recently came out with
discWelder Bronze -- at $99 it can't be beat.

Now Steinberg has announced it is adding DVD-A burner support to Wavelab
5.0 ($699):

http://www.pluginpresets.com/images/...e_WaveLab5.pdf

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
bayydogg

Great. Have you tried the Bronze yet? I wonder how well this all works
if doing surround in Logic on a Mac? I presume I would bounce to six
files, then import them into Bronze on the PC. That's how I've been
doing it with Surcode DTS. I suppose the DTS-CD format is out the
door?
Bob Cain

Len Moskowitz wrote:

Now Steinberg has announced it is adding DVD-A burner support to Wavelab
5.0 ($699):

http://www.pluginpresets.com/images/...e_WaveLab5.pdf

Ah, I wish I could afford that. Wavelab also incorporates
Stephan Bransee's (nee Springer) awesome and proprietary
pitch and time scaling algorithms. As good as it gets.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein