Posted to rec.audio.pro
yonnermark yonnermark is offline

Default I dropped my RODE NT1000 - is it broke?

The symptoms after the drop a

- Very muffled recording quality
- Very low levels even if the input gain is way up
- Mic is very sensitive if I tap/touch it. It clips very easy even
though it only picks up room sounds very very faintly.

Does that sound like I've goosed it?

Cheers for any feedback
Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

yonnermark wrote:

- Very muffled recording quality
- Very low levels even if the input gain is way up
- Mic is very sensitive if I tap/touch it. It clips very easy even
though it only picks up room sounds very very faintly.

Does that sound like I've goosed it?

Did you really have to ask? At least you didn't say "Is this normal?" g

It can probably be repaired. Contact Rode's support and ask what to do.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

"yonnermark" wrote in message
The symptoms after the drop a

- Very muffled recording quality
- Very low levels even if the input gain is way up
- Mic is very sensitive if I tap/touch it. It clips very easy even
though it only picks up room sounds very very faintly.

Does that sound like I've goosed it?

I really don't think you need an answer on that one.

My sympathy.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

yonnermark wrote:

The symptoms after the drop a

- Very muffled recording quality
- Very low levels even if the input gain is way up
- Mic is very sensitive if I tap/touch it. It clips very easy even
though it only picks up room sounds very very faintly.

Does that sound like I've goosed it?

Did it sound like that before you dropped it?

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

"yonnermark" wrote in message
The symptoms after the drop a

- Very muffled recording quality
- Very low levels even if the input gain is way up
- Mic is very sensitive if I tap/touch it. It clips very easy even
though it only picks up room sounds very very faintly.

Does that sound like I've goosed it?

Cheers for any feedback
Mark

Look on the bright side - perhaps you've got yourself a unique self mic'd
percussion instrument instead.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

- Very muffled recording quality
- Very low levels even if the input gain is way up
- Mic is very sensitive if I tap/touch it. It clips very easy even
though it only picks up room sounds very very faintly.

Does that sound like I've goosed it?

Cheers for any feedback
Mark

Look on the bright side -

Judging by the "muffled recording quality" description, I imagine there's
nothing "bright" about this mic anymore.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Yonnermark Yonnermark is offline

Very good everyone
It's bust!