Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jason Jason is offline

Default Don LaFontaine

Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Corfield[_3_] Richard Corfield[_3_] is offline

On 2008-09-08, Jason wrote:
Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!

Does that name also appear in the Grease musical? The voice of the voice
over at the start?

- Richard

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

Jason wrote:
Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!

It's gonna be weird to hear a movie trailer without him. His voice
really set people at ease, it was so familiar sounding.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Jason wrote:
Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!

It's gonna be weird to hear a movie trailer without him. His voice
really set people at ease, it was so familiar sounding.

Really? I found it unbearably irritating. It certainly out me off seeing
quite a few films that were probably worth watching otherwise.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

It's gonna be weird to hear a movie trailer without him. His voice
really set people at ease, it was so familiar sounding.

Really? I found it unbearably irritating. It certainly out me off seeing
quite a few films that were probably worth watching otherwise.

He had a delivery style that lent itself to pompous, overwrought writing.
It's unfortunate that he (apparently) never complained about the material he
was given.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
WillStG WillStG is offline

On Sep 8, 2:47*am, Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Jason wrote:
Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!

It's gonna be weird to hear a movie trailer without him. His voice
really set people at ease, it was so familiar sounding.

"In a world without Don LaFontaine...."

RIP.

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:45:08 -0400, WillStG wrote
(in article
):

Jason wrote:
Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!

It's gonna be weird to hear a movie trailer without him. His voice
really set people at ease, it was so familiar sounding.

"In a world without Don LaFontaine...."

..........hundreds of hungry agents and VO talent ponder what the appropriate
amount of time is before pitching the movie companies about getting someone
new for their trailers.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Don Pearce wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Jason wrote:
Saw his obituary in the NY Times today. "V.O.G" is gone. The obit
reported that he had recorded 350,000 commercials! And a mere 5,000
movie trailers. Wow!

It's gonna be weird to hear a movie trailer without him. His voice
really set people at ease, it was so familiar sounding.

Really? I found it unbearably irritating. It certainly out me off seeing
quite a few films that were probably worth watching otherwise.

Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote...
Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)

I guess the upside is that "Romeo Rondeau" is only posting on the internet
under the influence, and not out driving around killing innocent families.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Ty Ford" wrote...
"In a world without Don LaFontaine...."

.........hundreds of hungry agents and VO talent ponder what the
appropriate
amount of time is before pitching the movie companies about getting
someone
new for their trailers.

And all the VO guys who do a passable LaFontaine impression
now have a legitimate business segment to pursue.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote...
Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)

I guess the upside is that "Romeo Rondeau" is only posting on the internet
under the influence, and not out driving around killing innocent families.

Re-read his post, then tell me he's NOT a jackass.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote...
Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)

I guess the upside is that "Romeo Rondeau" is only posting on the internet
under the influence, and not out driving around killing innocent families.

Re-read his post, then tell me he's NOT a jackass.

Okay, I can do that.

Don Pearce is not a jackass, but whoever thinks someone is a jackass
merely for expressing a differing opinion might actually be a jackass.

Now, are you still driving around drunk? g

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

hank alrich wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote...
Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)
I guess the upside is that "Romeo Rondeau" is only posting on the internet
under the influence, and not out driving around killing innocent families.

Re-read his post, then tell me he's NOT a jackass.

Okay, I can do that.

Don Pearce is not a jackass, but whoever thinks someone is a jackass
merely for expressing a differing opinion might actually be a jackass.

Now, are you still driving around drunk? g

You can stick it up your ass too, Hank. Have some respect while you're
at it. asshole.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

hank alrich wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote...
Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)
I guess the upside is that "Romeo Rondeau" is only posting on the internet
under the influence, and not out driving around killing innocent families.
Re-read his post, then tell me he's NOT a jackass.

Okay, I can do that.

Don Pearce is not a jackass, but whoever thinks someone is a jackass
merely for expressing a differing opinion might actually be a jackass.

Now, are you still driving around drunk? g

You can stick it up your ass too, Hank. Have some respect while you're
at it. asshole.

Respect for you? Shirely, you jest!

Reads to me like the booze is hittin' you kinda hard tonight, "Romeo".
Call a cab if you gotta travel.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

hank alrich wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

hank alrich wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote...
Yeah, but you're a jackass though. You always have to figure that in :-)
I guess the upside is that "Romeo Rondeau" is only posting on the internet
under the influence, and not out driving around killing innocent families.
Re-read his post, then tell me he's NOT a jackass.
Okay, I can do that.

Don Pearce is not a jackass, but whoever thinks someone is a jackass
merely for expressing a differing opinion might actually be a jackass.

Now, are you still driving around drunk? g

You can stick it up your ass too, Hank. Have some respect while you're
at it. asshole.

Respect for you? Shirely, you jest!

Reads to me like the booze is hittin' you kinda hard tonight, "Romeo".
Call a cab if you gotta travel.

I'm not saying respect me, you ****ing worm, and I'm not drunk. You
could at least have some respect for the man that passed, he's a human
being. You wanna defend someone who has no respect when the most
successful VO artist passes away then fine. But I'll call you an asshole
and him a jackass any time it happens. Go back to bed old man.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

I'm not saying respect me, you ****ing worm, and I'm not drunk. You
could at least have some respect for the man that passed, he's a human
being.

You got any idea how many people died on planet Earth in the last 24
hours? Most every one of them is worthy of as much respect as the most
famous among them.

I have no horse in this race. Mr. Pearce didn't care for the guy's
voice, but how the **** you turned that into a lack of respect is a
question for your psychiatrist.

I don't watch many movies. I don't know who Don LaFontaine was.
Apparently he had a wonderful and productive career. That's cool. I
congratulate his memory.

There are artists who have sold many millions of records that I never
care to hear. Big ****ing deal. They're humans and doin' their thing.
That it isn't to my own taste has nothing to do with whether or not I
respect them as people.

You wanna defend someone who has no respect when the most
successful VO artist passes away then fine.

I happen to respect Don Pearce for his well informed contributions to
this forum. I'll wager I am not alone there. He often puts up useful
technical information and backs it up with links to audio examples of
what he is talking about. I have far more interaction with and interest
in Mr. Pearce's work than I do in Mr. LaFontaine's.

I personally do not give a **** about movie trailers. The sooner they're
off the ****ing screen the better I like 'em. Far as I am concerned
they're just another kind of "billboard" and I find them ugly. If I
never see or hear another one that'll be fine with me.

But I'll call you an asshole
and him a jackass any time it happens. Go back to bed old man.

And I'll tell your ****headed self that Mr. Pearce is not a jackass for
expressing an opinion that differs frrom your own, but I do think you
are a jackass for taking umbrage at his opinion.

Now go back to wanking over movie trailers.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro

hank alrich wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

I'm not saying respect me, you ****ing worm, and I'm not drunk. You
could at least have some respect for the man that passed, he's a human
being.

You got any idea how many people died on planet Earth in the last 24
hours? Most every one of them is worthy of as much respect as the most
famous among them.

I have no horse in this race. Mr. Pearce didn't care for the guy's
voice, but how the **** you turned that into a lack of respect is a
question for your psychiatrist.

but he had to also add that they guys voice was so bad that he almost
didn't ge and see some movies because of it. That's just stupid and it's
a jackass thing to say. He just had to add that last little bit of
disrespect. At least some of the TV shows he worked on have been running
little pieces on him in memory of his many years in the business.

You wanna defend someone who has no respect when the most
successful VO artist passes away then fine.

I happen to respect Don Pearce for his well informed contributions to
this forum. I'll wager I am not alone there. He often puts up useful
technical information and backs it up with links to audio examples of
what he is talking about. I have far more interaction with and interest
in Mr. Pearce's work than I do in Mr. LaFontaine's.

And I can respect him for what he contributes as well, but I think his
post concerning Mr. LaFontaine's passing was a jackass thing to say, or
at least a jackass way to say it.

And I'll tell your ****headed self that Mr. Pearce is not a jackass for
expressing an opinion that differs frrom your own, but I do think you
are a jackass for taking umbrage at his opinion.

Hmmm... so you think I'm a jackass? WELL THERE'S A BIG ****ING SURPRISE!
If you think that I took issue with Mr. Pearce because he has a
differing opinion than I do, you are dumber than I though. Or have the
soapboxes been piling up around your house lately?

Now go back to wanking over movie trailers.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

hank alrich wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

I'm not saying respect me, you ****ing worm, and I'm not drunk. You
could at least have some respect for the man that passed, he's a human
being.

You got any idea how many people died on planet Earth in the last 24
hours? Most every one of them is worthy of as much respect as the most
famous among them.

I have no horse in this race. Mr. Pearce didn't care for the guy's
voice, but how the **** you turned that into a lack of respect is a
question for your psychiatrist.

but he had to also add that they guys voice was so bad that he almost
didn't ge and see some movies because of it.

You know very well that people react from the gut to sound. Sound that
one dislikes is powerful stuff, easily strong enough to turn one's
interest away from whatever is being hyped. There are lots of ads that
help me avoid purchasing whatever is being touted, and often it's the
sound of the presentation that puts me off.

Just think about bagpipes, banjos and accordions.

That's just stupid and it's
a jackass thing to say. He just had to add that last little bit of
disrespect. At least some of the TV shows he worked on have been running
little pieces on him in memory of his many years in the business.

Neat. But I don't see the "disrespect" in Don's comment. He didn't like
the sound of the guy's voice. It is that simple. He didn't say that he
thought the guy was an asshole, or a ****ing worm (and that's "Mr.
****ing Worm", to you, Oh Woe Mee Oh).

You wanna defend someone who has no respect when the most
successful VO artist passes away then fine.

I happen to respect Don Pearce for his well informed contributions to
this forum. I'll wager I am not alone there. He often puts up useful
technical information and backs it up with links to audio examples of
what he is talking about. I have far more interaction with and interest
in Mr. Pearce's work than I do in Mr. LaFontaine's.

And I can respect him for what he contributes as well, but I think his
post concerning Mr. LaFontaine's passing was a jackass thing to say, or
at least a jackass way to say it.

Good for you. Now have a nice bray.

And I'll tell your ****headed self that Mr. Pearce is not a jackass for
expressing an opinion that differs frrom your own, but I do think you
are a jackass for taking umbrage at his opinion.

Hmmm... so you think I'm a jackass? WELL THERE'S A BIG ****ING SURPRISE!
If you think that I took issue with Mr. Pearce because he has a
differing opinion than I do, you are dumber than I though. Or have the
soapboxes been piling up around your house lately?

No, but firewood is.

Now go back to wanking over movie trailers.

Breakfast tacos here, buddy. May you live long enough to appreciate
fiber and fish oil. Didja see the recent research about the vitamin in
fish and meat and milk that helps prevent brain shrinkage? Just a
thought...

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam