Eric

Default Anybody have different systems for different styles of music?

I used to put all my money into one system, but wanting some variety,
I branched off and started assembling a second system. My first
system consists of Magneplanar MGIIIA speakers with a custom 12" 7
foot tall sonotube sub I made, with Adcom amps, Sony ES, Arcam,
AudioControl stuff. Its midfi by audiophile standards, but better
then circuit city stuff. I eventually plan to add a center, and
rears but thats further down the road.

My second system is my pro audio/DJ system which I dont use for DJ but
its setup in my house, I have Electro-Voice Eliminator tops with 2 EV
SB180 subs, driven by an AB International amp and a Crown Macro-Tech
5000Vz respectively thru an Ashly crossover. Behringer and Soundcraft
mixers.

As you can see these are systems on totally opposite ends of the
spectrum. One is hifi, but doesnt get that loud, the other is rather
low fi but gets very loud.

But I have 2 systems cause each has its own personality. Amplified
music (rock, club) sounds awesome thru the DJ system and of course the
other system is used for movies and more delicate music, although I do
mix it up some. Psychadelic trance sounds interesting thru the
magnepan system as does jazz thru the PA system. Today I listened to
a Sheffield disc I had of jazz thru the PA system and I really liked
it.

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?
Robert Morein

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
[snip]

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?

Sure, I have several systems, not as choices for particular music, but for
the particular experiences they convey.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
[snip]

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?

Sure, I have several systems, not as choices for particular music,
but for the particular experiences they convey.

That's been my approach. I suspect that is, in essence what Eric has done
only he has also aligned the various experiences of listening with musical
genres.

Eric

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
[snip]

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?

Sure, I have several systems, not as choices for particular music,
but for the particular experiences they convey.

That's been my approach. I suspect that is, in essence what Eric has done
only he has also aligned the various experiences of listening with musical
genres.

Actually i think this is worded the most accurately, I couldnt quite
get the right words out in what I was trying to desribe. Ive only
used the PA system once for home theater (in a real theater, you'd be
listening to the same style 'pro audio' speakers and amps) but dang it
was the loudest thing I've ever heard haha.
Lionel

Eric a écrit :
[...]

Yes if you have enough money you can smoke what you want... ;-)
It is obviously a question of cost, place, organization.
BTW what are "psychadelic trance sounds" ?
Have you already listen Jazz in a small overcrowded room with Saxophone,
trombone, piano, bass and drums at 3 meters from you ? No ? This is
really "psychadelic trance sound". :-)

Eric

Lionel wrote in message ...

Yes if you have enough money you can smoke what you want... ;-)
It is obviously a question of cost, place, organization.
BTW what are "psychadelic trance sounds" ?
Have you already listen Jazz in a small overcrowded room with Saxophone,
trombone, piano, bass and drums at 3 meters from you ? No ? This is
really "psychadelic trance sound". :-)

Psychadelic trance is electronica style 'ambient' music that does not
have lyrics and is what you would hear at raves etc. Typically its
all synthesized and has alot of electronic processing but I still
enjoy that style of music even though its far from hifi. I went with
a PA system cause I do use it from time to time for 'real' DJ work,
and also what is more appropriate to reproduce rock and dance music
when the same exact systems are what you would hear at a live
performance/ club..not to mention the dynamics of such a system are
unbeatable. Very very efficient and high powered amps.
Lionel

Eric a écrit :
Lionel wrote in message ...

[...]

Thanks for your kind explanations. I don't know this kind of music, but
the word "psychadelic" remember me some souvenir ;-). This is why I put
the question.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Lionel" wrote in message

Thanks for your kind explanations. I don't know this kind of music, but
the word "psychadelic" remember me some souvenir ;-). This is why I put
the question.

How is your Souvenir from London doing?

malcolm

"Lionel" wrote in message
Eric a écrit :
Lionel wrote in message

[...]

Jean Michel Jarre is bordering on it, and heavily inspired a lot of it.

dave weil

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:06:17 GMT, "malcolm"
wrote:

"Lionel" wrote in message
Eric a écrit :
Lionel wrote in message

[...]

Stick to fishing - something that you know about.