somabrandmayonaise

Default Extraction Keys

I bought a CD receiver for my car about four months ago. I've been
recently having some right-side speaker sound cutout and have come to
the logical solution that there must be a loose wire (what else would
it be?). This is not the original CD receiver for my car. Problem is
that I have lost the extraction keys. Its a Pioneer DEH-P4500MP so it
does not use the typical U-shaped keys. Does anyone have any ideas on
where to find a replacement pair or what would be an OK homemade
replacement? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've come to
hate missing half of the track of the song.
Thanks,
Soma
narcolept

the "extraction keys" for a ford, if that's what you're asking about, can be
duplicated by cutting a coat hanger with tin snips and bending the pieces
into that U shape.

----
narcolept
teamROCS #135
Visit the teamROCS forums at:
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio

"somabrandmayonaise" wrote in message
om...
I bought a CD receiver for my car about four months ago. I've been
recently having some right-side speaker sound cutout and have come to
the logical solution that there must be a loose wire (what else would
it be?). This is not the original CD receiver for my car. Problem is
that I have lost the extraction keys. Its a Pioneer DEH-P4500MP so it
does not use the typical U-shaped keys. Does anyone have any ideas on
where to find a replacement pair or what would be an OK homemade
replacement? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've come to
hate missing half of the track of the song.
Thanks,
Soma

Eddie Runner

occasionaly even with the PROPER keys the ford radios are
tough to get out.... I would imagine if you have a stuborn one
you would wish you had the REAL KEYS!! ;-)

Eddie

narcolept wrote:

[...]

thelizman

somabrandmayonaise wrote:
No, I have a Pioneer DEH-P4500MP that I'm trying to get out of my car.
It does NOT use the U-shaped keys like I already said.

Two butterknives, and some spare time. What's the problem?

Any car audio shop that sells pioneer likely has a few keys laying
around. I used to make them into shivs when I got bored.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

somabrandmayonaise

The problem is right side speaker sound cutout. It started about a
month and a half ago. I'm guessing that it's just a loose wire
(crossing fingers). Other than that, I have no clue. Any ideas?

thelizman wrote in message ...
somabrandmayonaise wrote:
[...]

Z. Gluhak

"somabrandmayonaise" wrote in message
om...
The problem is right side speaker sound cutout. It started about a
month and a half ago. I'm guessing that it's just a loose wire
(crossing fingers). Other than that, I have no clue. Any ideas?

Probably either that or the speaker is blown or wire loose on the speaker
end. Go to a dealer that sells Pioneer and ask to borrow some Pioneer
extraction keys and go from there.

So you like Kraft or Hellmans?