Posted to rec.audio.high-end
SZ SZ is offline

Default USB DAC with headphone amplifier

Hi, all,
I have a HD650 headphone. Wondering which USB DAC should I buy.
Cayin iDAC-1, Fubar III, or Beresford TC-7520

Thank you
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:14:01 -0700, SZ wrote
(in article ):

Hi, all,
I have a HD650 headphone. Wondering which USB DAC should I buy.
Cayin iDAC-1, Fubar III, or Beresford TC-7520

Thank you

Beresford TC-7520 is merely a TC-7510 with a 1-USB input and 1-TOSLINK input
instead of two TOSLINK inputs. I can tell you from personal experience that
the TC-7510 (and I'm assuming the TC-7520 is the same in that respect) has an
excellent headphone driver and the price is hard to beat.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Codifus Codifus is offline

On Mar 16, 3:59*pm, Sonnova wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:14:01 -0700, SZ wrote
(in article ):

Hi, all,
I have a HD650 headphone. Wondering which USB DAC should I buy.
*Cayin iDAC-1, Fubar III, or Beresford TC-7520

Thank you

Beresford TC-7520 is merely a TC-7510 with a 1-USB input *and 1-TOSLINK input
instead of two TOSLINK inputs. I can tell you from personal experience that
the TC-7510 (and I'm assuming the TC-7520 is the same in that respect) has an
excellent headphone driver and the price is hard to beat.

Surely if the 7520 was merely an upgraded 7510, then, as he has done
previously, Stanley Beresford would have named it a TC-7510 Mk6/6 or
something like that.
Two significant upgrades of the 7520 include a separate clock circuit
for the USB input and a new virtual DC power supply.

CD
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:10:44 -0700, codifus wrote
(in article ):

[...]

FIne. But the case is the same, the same receiver chip is used, same DAC
chip, and same marginal op-amp in the output , etc.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
SZ SZ is offline

Thank you for your reply, I am still wondering which one drives HD650
better, Fubar III or Beresford TC-7520
Thanks,
SZ