Chris Morriss

In message , Bob
writes
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:09:56 +1000, Patrick Turner
wrote:

10 years later I moved out to my own place, and took that Zenith
with me, with
it's original tubes. I also acquired another identical set, which I
planned to
cannibalized for parts... which I did once when the final video driver (a
transistor in this hybrid) went bad. Other then the first tube change, those
sets never had any new tubes.

Since I didn't have cable, and the antenna reception was terrible, I
scrapped
both sets in about 1984, and got a SS Toshiba. (Which still runs
well, BTW) from
a girlfriend.

Now there's a girl who comes from a nice family.
Got a sister has she?

Patrick Turner.

Actually, she turned into quite a piece of work... I kept the TV, she kept my
car and about $20,000.... the Devil only made one of her!!

OH- I gave that TV to a guy at work who wanted a set for his wife - he doesn't
believe in TV and didn't want to buy one... he gave me an old 700vct
Hammond for
it...

Now I have a 52" projector TV - hey did you ever look at the little CRT in the
bottom of those things to see how bright it is? Just amazing! Those phosphors
are burning hot! Imagine the beam current?

I thought projection TVs used transmissive LCDs with a white light
source behind.
--
Chris Morriss
Phil Allison

"Chris Morriss"

I thought projection TVs used transmissive LCDs with a white light
source behind.

** There are several types of projection TVs.

The oldest kind used three colour (R,G,B) tubes and combined them optically
onto a front or rear screen.

Modern ones use an LCD and blast white light through it - for either
front or rear projection.

Then there is the tiny colour tube with a projector lens in front - for
either front or rear projection.

Do a Google for more details.

........... Phil

Robert Casey

Since I didn't have cable, and the antenna reception was terrible, I scrapped
both sets in about 1984, and got a SS Toshiba. (Which still runs well, BTW) from
a girlfriend.

Now there's a girl who comes from a nice family.
Got a sister has she?

Only a "Transistor Sister".... Was a minor hit song by
Freddie Cannon in the early 1960's. :-)

Patrick Turner

Robert Casey wrote:

Since I didn't have cable, and the antenna reception was terrible, I scrapped
both sets in about 1984, and got a SS Toshiba. (Which still runs well, BTW) from
a girlfriend.

Now there's a girl who comes from a nice family.
Got a sister has she?

Only a "Transistor Sister".... Was a minor hit song by
Freddie Cannon in the early 1960's. :-)

A 'transista sista' would probably be easier to get along with than a
transvestite sista.... ;-).

Patrick Turner.