Carey Carlan

Default Emergency mic mount

What creative solutions have you used to support a mic when you ran out of
stands?

Not that it ever happens, of course.
ScotFraser

What creative solutions have you used to support a mic when you ran out of
stands?
Not that it ever happens, of course.

Of course it never happens, but when some idiot on my one-man crew forgot the
mic stand, it has been solved by pressing a floor lamp into service, & I
believe, a hat rack on one occasion. Gaffer tape makes it all work.

Scott Fraser
Martin Martini

Gaffa tape and guitar stands have always worked for me
"Carey Carlan" wrote in message
. 201...
What creative solutions have you used to support a mic when you ran out of
stands?

Not that it ever happens, of course.

Paul Stamler

Bean bag. A gym sock stuffed with dried beans, knotted, will do, provided
there are no holes in the sock.

Peace,
Paul

Dale Farmer

Carey Carlan wrote:

What creative solutions have you used to support a mic when you ran out of
stands?

Not that it ever happens, of course.

Yeah, right.

Out comes the old standby, gaffers tape and then I go looking
for things about the right height. ONe time I used a desk lamp and
set that on top of the piano. ( put in a rubber pad on that one. )
I've used folding chairs for instrument mics, freeing up the real mic
stand for the vocal. One time I almost ended up with a tripod
made up from broom handles, but the runner made it back with
the stands in time.

--Dale

Carey Carlan

Dale Farmer wrote in
:

Out comes the old standby, gaffers tape and then I go looking
for things about the right height. ONe time I used a desk lamp and
set that on top of the piano. ( put in a rubber pad on that one. )
I've used folding chairs for instrument mics, freeing up the real mic
stand for the vocal. One time I almost ended up with a tripod
made up from broom handles, but the runner made it back with
the stands in time.

Now that's creative. Where in the world did you find three brooms in a
musician's space?
RD Jones

Carey Carlan wrote in message .201...
What creative solutions have you used to support a mic when you ran out of
stands?

Not that it ever happens, of course.

Atlas makes a clamp designed to mount (with a large thumb-screw)
on the lower part of a mic stand. I always carry a BUNCH of them.
They also fit on most drum/cymbal stands allowing the elimination
of standard mic stands from around the drum kit. Really helps clean
up the stage. Can usually find a way to use them on overhead if needed.
Very versatile and cheap as well as durable (cast iron).

'RedDog' Steve
hank alrich

Carey Carlan wrote:

Dale Farmer wrote:

Out comes the old standby, gaffers tape and then I go looking
for things about the right height. ONe time I used a desk lamp and
set that on top of the piano. ( put in a rubber pad on that one. )
I've used folding chairs for instrument mics, freeing up the real mic
stand for the vocal. One time I almost ended up with a tripod
made up from broom handles, but the runner made it back with
the stands in time.

Now that's creative. Where in the world did you find three brooms in a
musician's space?

Three of his ex old ladies left their other cars at his house.

--
ha

hank alrich

RD Jones wrote:

Carey Carlan wrote...

What creative solutions have you used to support a mic when you ran out of
stands?

Not that it ever happens, of course.

Atlas makes a clamp designed to mount (with a large thumb-screw)
on the lower part of a mic stand. I always carry a BUNCH of them.
They also fit on most drum/cymbal stands allowing the elimination
of standard mic stands from around the drum kit. Really helps clean
up the stage. Can usually find a way to use them on overhead if needed.
Very versatile and cheap as well as durable (cast iron).

The CO1-B. I use them regularly to put the acoustic guitar or mandolin
mic on the same stand with the vocal mic and irregularly for lots of
other situations. Tidy.

--
ha
Dale Farmer

Carey Carlan wrote:

Dale Farmer wrote in
:

Out comes the old standby, gaffers tape and then I go looking
for things about the right height. ONe time I used a desk lamp and
set that on top of the piano. ( put in a rubber pad on that one. )
I've used folding chairs for instrument mics, freeing up the real mic
stand for the vocal. One time I almost ended up with a tripod
made up from broom handles, but the runner made it back with
the stands in time.

Now that's creative. Where in the world did you find three brooms in a
musician's space?

It was the plaza in front of the city hall for a folk festival. There
was a
janitor's closet.

--Dale