Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Can anyone tell me anything about this mic?

I says it's an omnidirectional dynamic. Has an XLR jack on the end.
It also has a place where the power switch would have gone if it
needed one.

http://tobiah.org/mic.jpg

Oh, also, do I need to worry about using it with phantom
power? Do I need to have the phantom power off when plugging
it in?

Thanks,

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Tobiah wrote:
I says it's an omnidirectional dynamic. Has an XLR jack on the end.
It also has a place where the power switch would have gone if it
needed one.

http://tobiah.org/mic.jpg

Oh, also, do I need to worry about using it with phantom
power? Do I need to have the phantom power off when plugging
it in?

It's a cheap Japanese dynamic. Lanier probably sold it with one of their
dictation systems. Phantom power shouldn't bother it but measure it with
a meter and make sure there's no connection between pin 1 and either of
the other two pins. If so, it'll be fine.

Put it on a bass amp, it'll be interesting and probably useful.