#1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Pmc two.two monitors

I'm demoing a pair of these this week. The 6" ones. First impressions are very positive. They have an honest low end, extremely detailed midrange and a very clean top. The level of detail, depth and imaging is stunning for me. I have the Klein and Hummel o110's and I'm always fighting them. A local room I work in a bit has genelec 1030 and I've always been ok with them but these pmc's are on another level. It's the midrange that is really doing it for me. And the imaging is terrific. They also remain pretty consistent regardless of listening level, which is good because I prefer to work at relatively low levels. Fletcher Munson not withstanding of course.

I spent the entire afternoon listening to my iTunes library in awe of what I was hearing on records I know very well. And then this evening I mixed a record (attended session too) for a "modern" jazz group I recorded a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine said "that's ballsy, mixing on new speakers the first day!" But why not.... I had done most of the work on this record on my boxes anyway last week. Anyway, I am extremely impressed.
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Nate Najar wrote:
I'm demoing a pair of these this week. The 6" ones. First impressions are=
very positive. They have an honest low end, extremely detailed midrange a=
nd a very clean top. The level of detail, depth and imaging is stunning fo=
r me. I have the Klein and Hummel o110's and I'm always fighting them. A =
local room I work in a bit has genelec 1030 and I've always been ok with th=
em but these pmc's are on another level. It's the midrange that is really =
doing it for me. And the imaging is terrific. They also remain pretty con=
sistent regardless of listening level, which is good because I prefer to wo=
rk at relatively low levels. Fletcher Munson not withstanding of course. =

How are you fighting the o110s? I found them great to work with.

Not that the PMCs aren't also fine monitors...
--scott
--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

How are you fighting the o110s? I found them great to work with.

On the K&H, 1-3k is always a guessing game of translation. So sitting a female vocal (of which I've been dealing with an inordinate amount lately) gets to be difficult. And I have to work with them louder than I would prefer, but if you get too loud they get choked sounding. This past year I've finally figured out how to listen to them, but it's a lot of compromises. Keep in mind, I'm stuck with them- I cannot afford to keep these pmc's, but the opportunity to use them for a week or two was offered to me and I couldn't pass it up.

Working with them is effortless. The mixes I did last night on the pmc's translated (especially in that midrange I'm always fighting) remarkably well to a variety of systems. - I'd like to track with them but I won't have a chance.