Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Bose L1

Trevor wrote:

snip

Never heard either, but not convinced serious comb filtering is necessarily
better than a good horn. I've certainly heard many Bose systems,

Bose L1 systems, or more like the 801s?

Since each Bose system is designed to exploit some psycho acoustic
effect or another, I wouldn't think you could generalize.

and I'm not
a fan myself. But it's true it's possible to find some horn systems that are
worse.

Trevor.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Les Cargill" wrote in message
Trevor wrote:
snip

Never heard either, but not convinced serious comb filtering is
necessarily
better than a good horn. I've certainly heard many Bose systems,

Bose L1 systems, or more like the 801s?

Both, and also others they have made over the years.

Since each Bose system is designed to exploit some psycho acoustic effect
or another, I wouldn't think you could generalize.

Well in general they nearly all use multiple small drivers that suffer from
similar phase problems, not to mention lack of bass, power compression and
low max SPL before distortion.

Trevor.