Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] usracing2003@yahoo.com is offline

Default Best computer sound card with rca input and outputs

I am recording from a sound board in our church that has rca output and inputs needing to record to computer and play from computer. Are there any soundcards or adapters to get it into computer and back to sound board via rca?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, November 11, 2013 12:57:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I am recording from a sound board in our church that has rca output and inputs needing to record to computer and play from computer. Are there any soundcards or adapters to get it into computer and back to sound board via rca?

did you try an adapter cable? (available at radio shack etc)

RCA plugs on one side and mini phone plug on the other

this is the usual way that iPODs etc are connected to sound boards

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

On 11/11/2013 12:57 PM, wrote:
I am recording from a sound board in our church that has rca output
and inputs needing to record to computer and play from computer. Are
there any soundcards or adapters to get it into computer and back to
sound board via rca?

Do you want a real card (something that plugs into the motherboard bus?
Or a USB interface? Or would you be happy using your computer's built-in
audio hardware if you could plug things together?

In which case HOSA, etc., would have affordable adapter cables from
mini/tiddly TRS to RCA.

Thing is that the type of connector is arbitrary. You can adapt anything
to anything, though sometimes it takes a little knowledge. If you just
want something inexpensive that mates up, the Behringer UCA-202 works
quite well. Its only problem is that it's designed to work at a
moderately low signal level (like the Tape Output of a home stereo
receiver) any depending on the mixer and how it's being operated, what
comes out of the RCA jacks might overload the inputs to the UCA-202.
You'd need in-line attenuators in addition to an RCA cable, and there
you go with another "adapter."

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Thing is, anything that connects using line-level 1/4" TRS jacks will work. Use RCA-F 1/4" TS-Madapters from Radio Shack for the inputs, TRS-M 2 RCA-F for the outputs. If you treat the adapters gently, they'll work for years.

For an in-the-computer card that has TRS connectors, go to e-bay and look for a CardDeluxe. For something that connects via USB2, check some of the simpler units from PreSonus.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
S. King S. King is offline

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:05:36 -0800, PStamler wrote:

Thing is, anything that connects using line-level 1/4" TRS jacks will
work. Use RCA-F 1/4" TS-Madapters from Radio Shack for the inputs,
TRS-M 2 RCA-F for the outputs. If you treat the adapters gently,
they'll work for years.

For an in-the-computer card that has TRS connectors, go to e-bay and
look for a CardDeluxe. For something that connects via USB2, check some
of the simpler units from PreSonus.

Peace,
Paul

My CardDeluxe is in its third computer IIRC. I keep thinking that I'll
run across something with better DAC-ADC or some other feature that will
make replacing it make sense. So far it just works. Of course, it is
only two analogue channels in and out, plus two digital channels in and
out. If I were digitizing multi-track I'd want something else.

Steve King
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"S. King" wrote in message
[...]

+1.
I've been using mine for years. Absolutely love it!

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

On 11/13/2013 11:20 AM, polymod wrote:
"S. King" wrote in message

My CardDeluxe is in its third computer IIRC. I keep thinking that I'll
run across something with better DAC-ADC or some other feature that will
make replacing it make sense. So far it just works. Of course, it is
only two analogue channels in and out, plus two digital channels in and
out. If I were digitizing multi-track I'd want something else.

+1.
I've been using mine for years. Absolutely love it!

I have one that I haven't used in years. I wonder if it's worth anything.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"S. King" wrote in message

My CardDeluxe is in its third computer IIRC. I keep thinking that I'll
run across something with better DAC-ADC or some other feature that will
make replacing it make sense. So far it just works. Of course, it is
only two analogue channels in and out, plus two digital channels in and
out. If I were digitizing multi-track I'd want something else.

+1.
I've been using mine for years. Absolutely love it!

I have one that I haven't used in years. I wonder if it's worth anything.

Put it up on Ebay and find out
I had something that was literally in the trash. I thought one man's trash
is another man's treasure.
Put it up on Ebay and got over $500 for it. You never know.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"S. King" wrote in message

My CardDeluxe is in its third computer IIRC. I keep thinking that I'll
run across something with better DAC-ADC or some other feature that
will
make replacing it make sense. So far it just works. Of course, it is
only two analogue channels in and out, plus two digital channels in and
out. If I were digitizing multi-track I'd want something else.

+1.
I've been using mine for years. Absolutely love it!

I have one that I haven't used in years. I wonder if it's worth anything.

Put it up on Ebay and find out
I had something that was literally in the trash. I thought one man's
trash is another man's treasure.
Put it up on Ebay and got over $500 for it. You never know.

Yes, it's incredible, isn't it?

You literally just never know what someone else needs or wants.

I'm thinking of putting some dog **** up on Ebay, and seeing if it
sells.....

Tanners. They'll take anything, ask Terry Pratchett's Harry King.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"S. King" wrote in message

[...]

Only if it's good **** Paul
:-O

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

On 6/25/2014 2:24 PM, polymod wrote:

Yes, it's incredible, isn't it?
You literally just never know what someone else needs or wants.
I'm thinking of putting some dog **** up on Ebay, and seeing if it
sells..... :/

Only if it's good **** Paul
:-O

Only the best, my friend!

And NO RESERVE!!! HAHA!!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 6/25/2014 10:06 AM, mcp6453 wrote:

My CardDeluxe is in its third computer IIRC.

I have one that I haven't used in years. I wonder if it's worth anything.

Only as long as you have a computer that it will work in. You need a
motherboard with the right kind of expansion slot, and a driver
compatible with the operating system you're running. You can keep
hardware like this working for a long time but you can't go willy-nilly
about upgrading your computer. You might find yourself with a square peg
and not even a round hole to put it in.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com