Sockpuppet Yustabe

Default So is that it for Jupiter Audio?

"Dogma4e" wrote in message
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&

Production can't keep up with sales.

Robert Morein

"Dogma4e" wrote in message
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&

Kaput.
Fini
Finished.
Dead.
Bankrupt.
Collapsed.
Chapter 11.
Dissolved.
Liquidated.
Zeroed out.
Closed doors.
Turned off the lights.
Laid off.
Out of business.
Never in business.
Gone fishing (lie.)
Hiding under bed (truth).

Dogma4e

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&
trotsky

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:
"Dogma4e" wrote in message

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&

Production can't keep up with sales.

Unlike your anus.

Robert Morein

"trotsky" wrote in message
ink.net...
Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:
"Dogma4e" wrote in message

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&

Production can't keep up with sales.

Unlike your anus.

Greg, it's over.
Give up.
Have a good cry, then a nervous breakdown, and simply accept the fact that
your life is going to get worse, not better.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you simply have to face up to
the fact that your future is dark.

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message
ink.net...

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"Dogma4e" wrote in message

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&

Production can't keep up with sales.

Unlike your anus.

Greg, it's over.
Give up.
Have a good cry, then a nervous breakdown, and simply accept the fact that
your life is going to get worse, not better.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you simply have to face up to
the fact that your future is dark.

And you can't face up to the fact that you lack the backbone to talk
about how much of a failure you are yourself. You managed to leap past
the hurdle of having a real name but in spirit you're still an anonymous
piece of dog****. Sorry.

How'd you say the screenplays were doing, btw?

Joseph Oberlander

Dogma4e wrote:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...Gmsingh&1&3&4&

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

George M. Middius

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

Robert Morein

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

It's pathetic.
He ought to quit pretending, admit that he's a failure, and understand that
his failure is due to his inadequacy as a person.

I'd like to give him some encouragement, but with his paltry skills and
obnoxious personality, it's hard to see what he can do with his life.

Following the obligatory nervous breakdown, there are plenty of openings on
"The Street", and I don't mean Wall Street.

Greg, don't make Arny's mistake -- being in the wrong place at the wrong
time.

Joseph Oberlander

Robert Morein wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

It's pathetic.
He ought to quit pretending, admit that he's a failure, and understand that
his failure is due to his inadequacy as a person.

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

It's pathetic.
He ought to quit pretending, admit that he's a failure, and understand that
his failure is due to his inadequacy as a person.

I'd like to give him some encouragement,

On how not to sell screenplays? Deal with cases of pancreatic cancer?
Do tell, Bob.

Robert Morein

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
ink.net...
Robert Morein wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

It's pathetic.
He ought to quit pretending, admit that he's a failure, and understand

that
his failure is due to his inadequacy as a person.

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

You're right, but I prefer to razz him mercilessly.
Your advice is right-on, and that is one way to spread the word and develop
a reputation, but I don't think he has the staying power.

ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

Go for it, liar.

He might dumbass. Not like you have any intellectual property rights
there.
Then what would you do if somone comes to market with essentially a
duplicate (same drivers and crossover and similar cabinet) at roughly 1/3
your asking price?
Even if he wasn't serious about the business, what little you have going
would be toast.
How many weeks of government assistance do you have left?

ScottW

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"ScottW" wrote in message

Then what would you do if somone comes to market with essentially a
duplicate (same drivers and crossover and similar cabinet) at roughly 1/3
your asking price?

Make a nicer cabinet?

ScottW

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote in message

Then what would you do if somone comes to market with essentially a
duplicate (same drivers and crossover and similar cabinet) at roughly

1/3
your asking price?

Make a nicer cabinet?

I thought it was already perfect. You mean it isn't?

ScottW

Sylvan Morein DDS, sad father of Bob

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

It's pathetic.
My son Bob ought to quit pretending, admit that he's a failure, and
understand that his failure is due to his inadequacy as a person.

I'd like to give him some encouragement,like I tried to do when he was in
his formative years, but with his paltry skills and obnoxious personality,
it's hard to see what he can do with his life. He has after all spent most
of his life in the protected environment of schools, where he's failed time
and time again.

Following his obligatory nervous breakdown, there are plenty of openings on
"The Street", and I don't mean Wall Street. His mother died a miserable
wretch due to Bob's failure at life.

Greg, don't make Bob's mistake -- being a miserable piece of ****.

Sylvan Morein, DDS
--

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/l...ws/4853918.htm

Doctoral student takes intellectual property case to Supreme Court
By L. STUART DITZEN
Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA -Even the professors who dismissed him from a doctoral program
at Drexel University agreed that Robert Morein was uncommonly smart.

They apparently didn't realize that he was uncommonly stubborn too - so much
so that he would mount a court fight all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
to challenge his dismissal.

The Supremes have already rejected this appeal, btw.

"It's a personality trait I have - I'm a tenacious guy," said Morein, a
pleasantly eccentric man regarded by friends as an inventive genius. "And we
do come to a larger issue here."

An "inventive genius" that has never invented anything. And hardly
"pleasantly" eccentric.

A five-year legal battle between this unusual ex-student and one of
Philadelphia's premier educational institutions has gone largely unnoticed
by the media and the public.

Because no one gives a **** about a 50 year old loser.

But it has been the subject of much attention in academia.

Drexel says it dismissed Morein in 1995 because he failed, after eight
years, to complete a thesis required for a doctorate in electrical and
computer engineering.

Not to mention the 12 years it took him to get thru high school!
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Morein, 50, of Dresher, Pa., contends that he was dismissed only after his
thesis adviser "appropriated" an innovative idea Morein had developed in a
rarefied area of thought called "estimation theory" and arranged to have it
patented.

A contention rejected by three courts. From a 50 YEAR OLD that has
done NOTHING PRODUCTIVE with his life.

In February 2000, Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Esther R. Sylvester
ruled that Morein's adviser indeed had taken his idea.

An idea that was worth nothing, because it didn't work. Just like
Robert Morein, who has never worked a day in his life.

Sylvester held that Morein had been unjustly dismissed and she ordered
Drexel to reinstate him or refund his tuition.

Funnily enough, Drexel AGREED to reinstate Morein, who rejected the
offer because he knew he was and IS a failed loser. Spending daddy's
money to cover up his lack of productivity.

That brought roars of protest from the lions of academia. There is a long
tradition in America of noninterference by the courts in academic decisions.

Backed by every major university in Pennsylvania and organizations
representing thousands of others around the country, Drexel appealed to the
state Superior Court.

The appellate court, by a 2-1 vote, reversed Sylvester in June 2001 and
restored the status quo. Morein was, once again, out at Drexel. And the
time-honored axiom that courts ought to keep their noses out of academic
affairs was reasserted.

The state Supreme Court declined to review the case and, in an ordinary
litigation, that would have been the end of it.

But Morein, in a quixotic gesture that goes steeply against the odds, has
asked the highest court in the land to give him a hearing.

Daddy throws more money down the crapper.

His attorney, Faye Riva Cohen, said the Supreme Court appeal is important
even if it fails because it raises the issue of whether a university has a
right to lay claim to a student's ideas - or intellectual property - without
compensation.

"Any time you are in a Ph.D. program, you are a serf, you are a slave," said
Cohen. Morein "is concerned not only for himself. He feels that what
happened to him is pretty common."

It's called HIGHER EDUCATION, honey. The students aren't in charge,
the UNIVERSITY and PROFESSORS are.

Drexel's attorney, Neil J. Hamburg, called Morein's appeal - and his claim
that his idea was stolen - "preposterous."

"I will eat my shoe if the Supreme Court hears this case," declared Hamburg.
"We're not even going to file a response. He is a brilliant guy, but his
intelligence should be used for the advancement of society rather than
pursuing self-destructive litigation."

No **** sherlock.

The litigation began in 1997, when Morein sued Drexel claiming that a
committee of professors had dumped him after he accused his faculty adviser,
Paul Kalata, of appropriating his idea.

His concept was considered to have potential value for businesses in
minutely measuring the internal functions of machines, industrial processes
and electronic systems.

The field of "estimation theory" is one in which scientists attempt to
calculate what they cannot plainly observe, such as the inside workings of a
nuclear plant or a computer.

My estimation theory? There is NO brain at work inside the head of
Robert Morein, only sawdust.

Prior to Morein's dismissal, Drexel looked into his complaint against Kalata
and concluded that the associate professor had done nothing wrong. Kalata,
through a university lawyer, declined to comment.

At a nonjury trial before Sylvester in 1999, Morein testified that Kalata in
1990 had posed a technical problem for him to study for his thesis. It
related to estimation theory.

Kalata, who did not appear at the trial, said in a 1998 deposition that a
Cherry Hill company for which he was a paid consultant, K-Tron
International, had asked him to develop an alternate estimation method for
it. The company manufactures bulk material feeders and conveyors used in
industrial processes.

Morein testified that, after much study, he experienced "a flash of
inspiration" and came up with a novel mathematical concept to address the
problem Kalata had presented.

Without his knowledge, Morein said, Kalata shared the idea with K-Tron.

K-Tron then applied for a patent, listing Kalata and Morein as co-inventors.

Morein said he agreed "under duress" to the arrangement, but felt "locked
into a highly disadvantageous situation." As a result, he testified, he
became alienated from Kalata.

As events unfolded, Kalata signed over his interest in the patent to K-Tron.
The company never capitalized on the technology and eventually allowed the
patent to lapse. No one made any money from it.

Because it was bogus. Even Kalata was mortified that he was a victim
of this SCAMSTER, Robert Morein.

In 1991, Morein went to the head of Drexel's electrical engineering
department, accused Kalata of appropriating his intellectual property, and
asked for a new faculty adviser.

The staff at Drexel laughed wildly at the ignorance of Robert Morein.

He didn't get one. Instead, a committee of four professors, including
Kalata, was formed to oversee Morein's thesis work.

Four years later, the committee dismissed him, saying he had failed to
complete his thesis.

So Morein ****s up his first couple years, gets new faculty advisers
(a TEAM), and then ****s up again! Brilliant!

Morein claimed that the committee intentionally had undermined him.

Morein makes LOTS of claims that are nonsense. One look thru the
usenet proves it.

Judge Sylvester agreed. In her ruling, Sylvester wrote: "It is this court's
opinion that the defendants were motivated by bad faith and ill will."

So much for political machine judges.

The U.S. Supreme Court receives 7,000 appeals a year and agrees to hear only
about 100 of them.

Hamburg, Drexel's attorney, is betting the high court will reject Morein's
appeal out of hand because its focal point - concerning a student's right to
intellectual property - was not central to the litigation in the
Pennsylvania courts.

Morein said he understands it's a long shot, but he feels he must pursue it.

Just like all the failed "causes" Morein pursues. Heck, he's been
chasing another "Brian McCarty" for years and yet has ZERO impact on
anything.

Failure. Look it up in Websters. You'll see a picture of Robert
Morein. The poster boy for SCAMMING LOSERS.

"I had to seek closure," he said.

Without a doctorate, he said, he has been unable to pursue a career he had
hoped would lead him into research on artificial intelligence.

Who better to tell us about "artificial intelligence".
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As it is, Morein lives at home with his father and makes a modest income
from stock investments. He has written a film script that he is trying to
make into a movie. And in the basement of his father's home he is working on
an invention, an industrial pump so powerful it could cut steel with a
bulletlike stream of water.

FAILED STUDENT
FAILED MOVIE MAKER
FAILED SCREENWRITER
FAILED INVESTOR
FAILED DRIVER
FAILED SON
FAILED PARENTS
FAILED INVENTOR
FAILED PLAINTIFF
FAILED HOMOSEXUAL
FAILED HUMAN
FAILED
FAILED

But none of it is what he had imagined for himself.

"I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very
gnawing thing."

Robert Morein

"ScottW" wrote in message

Then what would you do if somone comes to market with essentially a
duplicate (same drivers and crossover and similar cabinet) at roughly

1/3
your asking price?

Make a nicer cabinet?

I thought it was already perfect. You mean it isn't?

ScottW

The cabinet SOUNDS perfect.
The drivers LOOK good.

The result is a pretty web picture.
But NIMBY.

Joseph Oberlander

trotsky wrote:

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

Go for it, liar.

Heh. In case you didn't notice, I'm the only one who sees your
selling on Audiogon as a respectable activity. Yet you decide to
bite and chew on me. Oh well...

Robert Morein

trotsky wrote:

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

Go for it, liar.

Heh. In case you didn't notice, I'm the only one who sees your
selling on Audiogon as a respectable activity. Yet you decide to
bite and chew on me. Oh well...

As I asked before, had your fill of unmitigated gall yet?

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said to Obie:

As I asked before, had your fill of unmitigated gall yet?

As a former Kroopologist, you should know exactly what the disease
does to a person.

Robert Morein

Robert Morein said to Obie:

As I asked before, had your fill of unmitigated gall yet?

As a former Kroopologist, you should know exactly what the disease
does to a person.

Yes, I'd better check my current immunization status.

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Obie Wanna Third Mortgage said:

That he's making $100-$200 profit per pair on audiogon is not
a bad thing, actually.

That's how much per hour? And don't forget the cost of the investment
he's already made in his "business".

It's pathetic.
He ought to quit pretending, admit that he's a failure, and understand

that

his failure is due to his inadequacy as a person.

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

You're right, but I prefer to razz him mercilessly.

You're not going to wish cancer on me, are you Bob? *That* would be ironic.

trotsky

ScottW wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

Go for it, liar.

He might dumbass. Not like you have any intellectual property rights
there.
Then what would you do if somone comes to market with essentially a
duplicate (same drivers and crossover and similar cabinet) at roughly 1/3
your asking price?

Scooter, you can't be this stupid. Oh yes, I guess you can. You guys
keep on talking out of your ass because Mother Hen is too agenda driven
to get her and her boys to beat you down. Even if the whole retarded
lot of you teamed up you couldn't compete me with product design, ad
copy, web site quality, ad campaign, construction quality, et al. I
challenge one of you cowardly pieces of dog**** even to try.

trotsky

Sylvan Morein DDS, sad father of Bob wrote:
[...]

I'll do my best, Sylvan. Hey, if you're a DDS how come Bob always
pretended you were a proctologist?

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
trotsky wrote:

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

Go for it, liar.

Heh. In case you didn't notice, I'm the only one who sees your
selling on Audiogon as a respectable activity. Yet you decide to
bite and chew on me. Oh well...

Quit trolling, dickhead. Is your cranium literally shaped like a penis?

trotsky

trotsky wrote:

Honestly - his selling them for a reasonable profit online isn't
a bad living or business - if that's what he wants to do.

I'd have priced them at $400-$600 to begin with and saved a lot
of grief.

Go for it, liar.

Heh. In case you didn't notice, I'm the only one who sees your
selling on Audiogon as a respectable activity. Yet you decide to
bite and chew on me. Oh well...

As I asked before, had your fill of unmitigated gall yet?

Ouch, my pancreas really hurts now.

trotsky

Robert Morein said to Obie:

As I asked before, had your fill of unmitigated gall yet?

As a former Kroopologist, you should know exactly what the disease
does to a person.

Yes, I'd better check my current immunization status.

Wit like this and the guy can't sell a screenplay?

ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message

Even if the whole retarded
lot of you teamed up you couldn't compete me with product design,

Are you claiming a Madisound exclusive?

ad copy, web site quality, ad campaign

Lets gauge your success. How many orders have you received at your web
special price?

A world class add campaign surely would have generated some sales by now,
don't you think?

construction quality, et al.

Explain why the sub with the excessive reserve had some cabinet defects?
Explain why the bookshelf belches insulation?
Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably need
tightening?

ScottW

MiNE 109

In article 6nbnb.42432$gi2.11264@fed1read01,
"ScottW" wrote:

Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably need
tightening?

Tightening driver screws is a fairly standard step in setting up
speakers.

Not needed for Quads.

Stephen

trotsky

ScottW wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Even if the whole retarded
lot of you teamed up you couldn't compete me with product design,

Are you claiming a Madisound exclusive?

I don't think you understand what's being discussed (what new?) I
designed the speaker, and none of you other trolls have proved you can
do so.

ad copy, web site quality, ad campaign

Lets gauge your success. How many orders have you received at your web
special price?

That's privileged information. You don't have any privileges. How many
orders have you received at your fantasy website?

A world class add campaign surely would have generated some sales by now,
don't you think?

I have no data to go on. You have no alpha waves to go on.

construction quality, et al.

Explain why the sub with the excessive reserve had some cabinet defects?
Explain why the bookshelf belches insulation?
Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably need
tightening?

This is all stuff you'll have to learn for yourself, Scottie. Or go
through life with bad sound, as you've been doing so far.

ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message

ScottW wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Even if the whole retarded
lot of you teamed up you couldn't compete me with product design,

Are you claiming a Madisound exclusive?

I don't think you understand what's being discussed (what new?) I
designed the speaker, and none of you other trolls have proved you can
do so.

I built a pair of speakers once. A Jensen coax driver in a box for the
back of my Honda Civic. I use world class 1/4" plywood and lined the inside
and out with my hand selected carpet remnanat to achieve the perfect
damping. They sounded great and I could set them on the roof of the car
when were out partying at the quarry.
I think the real key was the way they seamlessly matched with my 8-track
tape player that really made them world class.

ad copy, web site quality, ad campaign

Lets gauge your success. How many orders have you received at your web
special price?

That's privileged information. You don't have any privileges. How many
orders have you received at your fantasy website?

Same as you, none.

A world class add campaign surely would have generated some sales by

now,
don't you think?

I have no data to go on.

Actually, zero is a data point. Unfortunately it isn't to indicative of a
world class add campaign. But then again, if you get 1 order it will be an
infinite increase so your add campaign will be the most effective ever.

construction quality, et al.

Explain why the sub with the excessive reserve had some cabinet

defects?
Explain why the bookshelf belches insulation?
Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably

need
tightening?

This is all stuff you'll have to learn for yourself, Scottie. Or go
through life with bad sound, as you've been doing so far.

Those quality issues are pesky, aren't they? Nothing a good ass chewing
of the customer when they call to complain won't resolve. You gotta admit,
the Trots philosophy of customer service is at least unique if nothing
else.

ScottW

ScottW

"ScottW" wrote:

Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably

need
tightening?

Tightening driver screws is a fairly standard step in setting up
speakers.

Not needed for Quads.

Should not be needed for drivers hard mounted (no squishy gasket).
You did read the web site didn't you?

ScottW

Joseph Oberlander

ScottW wrote:

Lets gauge your success. How many orders have you received at your web
special price?

A world class add campaign surely would have generated some sales by now,
don't you think?

A: overpriced. I see this in real estate all the time. Some twink thinks
they can get $2 a square foot for a store per month and lets it sit for
4-6 months before finding just the right rube to move in. Given the person's
business sense, they likely will go under soon - another negative.

Consider:
say, 1000 sq ft. $2000 per month. 5 months no rent = -$10,000 finally
rented for a year. +24000. Net profit $14000.

$1500 per month. Rents immediately(no downtime). Rents for the same year.
(in reality, longer as the startup's overhead is lower) Net profit $18000.

In fact, the first example would require renting for two years solid in order
to break even with the second one. Of course, with higher rent, businesses
tend to move more, so when they do leave, you're back to 4-6 months of empty
space again.

What does this have to do with Greg?
Simple. If he priced them at $600 a pair, he'd sell 4-6 times as many per
month and net the same amount of profit when all was said and done.

His advantage, though, is low lag-time, immediate funds(if in smaller
chunks), and a greatly increased number of clients/customers - most of
whom would give his speakers a good review since the price is somewhat
reasonable.

construction quality, et al.

Explain why the sub with the excessive reserve had some cabinet defects?

Probably got bunged up a bit being transported to L.A. for a review.

Explain why the bookshelf belches insulation?

Fixed, though not in a great manner, IMO.

Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably need
tightening?

Excessive bass?

(actually, Greg - loc-tite or a lock-washer should be used)

Joseph Oberlander

ScottW wrote:

Those quality issues are pesky, aren't they? Nothing a good ass chewing
of the customer when they call to complain won't resolve. You gotta admit,
the Trots philosophy of customer service is at least unique if nothing
else.

Heh. I can just imagine him all meek and helpful and "the customer is always
right"...

NOT.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

(actually, Greg - loc-tite or a lock-washer should be used)

Actually, Moronlander, the T-nuts settle into the wood over time and
Loctite is the last thing you want to use.

MiNE 109

"ScottW" wrote:

Explain why you warn your customers that the screws will probably

need
tightening?

Tightening driver screws is a fairly standard step in setting up
speakers.

Not needed for Quads.

Should not be needed for drivers hard mounted (no squishy gasket).
You did read the web site didn't you?

I thought there was a squishy gasket after all. Still, even hard-mounted
screws can come loose.

Stephen
ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

(actually, Greg - loc-tite or a lock-washer should be used)

Actually, Moronlander, the T-nuts settle into the wood over time and
Loctite is the last thing you want to use.

Sounds like a design improvement is possible. Perhaps filling the hole
with something a little stronger before inserting the T-nut so they don't
settle.

ScottW

ScottW

"MiNE 109" wrote in message

I thought there was a squishy gasket after all. Still, even hard-mounted
screws can come loose.

Sure, they can. But shouldn't if the quality and design are world class.
They are world class aren't they?

ScottW

Arny Krueger

"ScottW" wrote in message

Sounds like a design improvement is possible. Perhaps filling the
hole with something a little stronger before inserting the T-nut so
they don't settle.

IME Singh was obsessing. As a rule t-nuts in MDF or plywood don't settle if
properly set in the first place. The resilience of the wood acts like a
natural lock-washer. I just checked the screws on my sub, set in t-nuts in
MDF, untouched and operational for over 20 years. No problems.