Joseph Oberlander

Default P/review of Jupiter Audio Europa speakers pt.3

trotsky wrote:

Which JBL and Tannoy models are you referring to, hypocrite?

Heh. Let's see - when did Tannoy and JBL start making monitors?

The 4400 series alone has undergone three or four refinements
over the decades.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Which JBL and Tannoy models are you referring to, hypocrite?

Heh. Let's see - when did Tannoy and JBL start making monitors?

The 4400 series alone has undergone three or four refinements
over the decades.

I see, so you're saying that the original version was an embarrassment
for JBL, right?

Joseph Oberlander

trotsky wrote:

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Which JBL and Tannoy models are you referring to, hypocrite?

Heh. Let's see - when did Tannoy and JBL start making monitors?

The 4400 series alone has undergone three or four refinements
over the decades.

I see, so you're saying that the original version was an embarrassment
for JBL, right?

No, more like how BMW has refined the M3 over the years. Small changes
here and there to make it better. Basic design under the sheetmetal
is unchanged.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Which JBL and Tannoy models are you referring to, hypocrite?

Heh. Let's see - when did Tannoy and JBL start making monitors?

The 4400 series alone has undergone three or four refinements
over the decades.

I see, so you're saying that the original version was an embarrassment
for JBL, right?

No, more like how BMW has refined the M3 over the years. Small changes
here and there to make it better. Basic design under the sheetmetal
is unchanged.

Oh, so you have a formula for determining which products are acceptable
in their first generation and which aren't? I think you're lying.

Joseph Oberlander

trotsky wrote:

No, more like how BMW has refined the M3 over the years. Small changes
here and there to make it better. Basic design under the sheetmetal
is unchanged.

Oh, so you have a formula for determining which products are acceptable
in their first generation and which aren't? I think you're lying.

Over a hundred thousand pairs over the years last I checked, mostly
in studios is pretty "acceptable" real-world results. I don't have
to use a crystal ball - I just have to look at what real pros use
and think about them. Definately accurate.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

No, more like how BMW has refined the M3 over the years. Small changes
here and there to make it better. Basic design under the sheetmetal
is unchanged.

Oh, so you have a formula for determining which products are
acceptable in their first generation and which aren't? I think you're
lying.

Over a hundred thousand pairs over the years last I checked,

They sell M3s in pairs, or do you mean you have over a hundred thousand
pairs of formulas?

Michael Mckelvy

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:51:13 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

Dave, I guess that you have been brutally honest or perhaps honestly
brutal ? )

I called it as I saw it.

Apparently he didn't want to wait for the actual comparison between
the Klipsches and his speakers, which could have been done almost as
an A/B. I had my own ideas about how the two speakers would have
faired (and the Allisons as well, but we'll never know, now will we?)

As to the Merlin thing, I think I mentioned that they are large boxes
and they were set up in a much larger room, *and*, I've mentioned in
the past that they were $3500 - 4000 a pair. He seems to have missed
that part.

I'm sorry Greg is disappointed. But I didn't go into this to make him
happy, or stroke his ego, or validate his opinions of his speakers.

Having said that, I *still* think it's ****ed up that people like Joe,
Mike, Scott and Arnold have nothing better to do than to trash
someone's work simply because they don't like the creator of the work.
Awfully petty, if you ask me. Maybe they should try actually
listening.

So you're saying Greg is petty, since he trashed my speakers without a
listen?

I didn't trash his, I said REPEATEDLY that he used inferior drivers. That's
not an opinion or pettiness, it's simply a fact.

The speakers are now boxed up and waiting for the UPS man and I've now
put them out of my mind.

To bad you couldn't have compared them with some legitmate competiton, like
some Polk's.

Michael Mckelvy

"dave weil" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Between you and me the story was already written. ;-)

I agree with the above but the man is not really "sane" and I sincerely
don't think that he is able to produce anything good on a regular basis.

I just think that you have been a little bit "mild" to accept the job.
You cannot have honest relations with such guy.

Sorry, I disagree. It was an interesting experience checking out his
speakers.

You might do well to lose the chip on your shoulder.

To know that Greg is not rational and that he is dishonest doesn't require a
cip on one's shoulder, just a clear view of history.

Arny Krueger

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

To know that Greg is not rational and that he is dishonest doesn't require

chip on one's shoulder, just a clear view of history.

I'm still amazed that Middius still thinks he's a smart guy given how many
years it took him to see the truth about Greg. Ditto for Weil.

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

Having said that, I *still* think it's ****ed up that people like Joe,
Mike, Scott and Arnold have nothing better to do than to trash
someone's work simply because they don't like the creator of the work.

As usual Weil you're either talking out the back of your neck and/or just
don't get it.

I've only stated true, well-known facts in this matter, facts that not even
Singh has denied.

Arny Krueger

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

Much like anybody who would be idiot enough to spend 1300 bucks for a
$350.00 speaker and then had to contend with your temper when they return
them because they suck.

Singh's speakers worth $350? My, you're in a generous mood today!

Joseph Oberlander

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

To know that Greg is not rational and that he is dishonest doesn't require a
cip on one's shoulder, just a clear view of history.

No, just merely greedy since he has no overhead worth mentioning.

trotsky

wrote:

[...]

I said repeatedly that you're using an inferior brain, so I guess we're
even steven on this one.

trotsky

Arny Krueger wrote:
"dave weil" wrote in message

Having said that, I *still* think it's ****ed up that people like Joe,
Mike, Scott and Arnold have nothing better to do than to trash
someone's work simply because they don't like the creator of the work.

As usual Weil you're either talking out the back of your neck and/or just
don't get it.

I've only stated true, well-known facts in this matter, facts that not even
Singh has denied.

I'm not sure which "facts" you're talking about, Kruegs. I do know I've
just caught you lying, though.

normanstrong

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

Norm Strong

Michael Mckelvy

"trotsky" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote:

[...]

Like you "guessed" on your ability to foist a cheap ass speaker on an
unsuspecting public with no actual design work of your own?

Maybe if you did some of your own work............never mind, better leave
to people who know what they're doing.

Michael Mckelvy

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
"dave weil" wrote in message

Having said that, I *still* think it's ****ed up that people like Joe,
Mike, Scott and Arnold have nothing better to do than to trash
someone's work simply because they don't like the creator of the work.

As usual Weil you're either talking out the back of your neck and/or

just
don't get it.

I've only stated true, well-known facts in this matter, facts that not

even
Singh has denied.

I'm not sure which "facts" you're talking about, Kruegs. I do know I've
just caught you lying, though.

You don't even know when YOU'RE lying. In any case you are not fit to pass
moral judgement on anybody.

Joseph Oberlander

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm waiting for the tower at $5000 with only $500 in parts in it.
Appropriately named Uranus.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'm waiting for the tower at $5000 with only $500 in parts in it.
Appropriately named Uranus.

I am sure you will get off on it.

trotsky

normanstrong wrote:
The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

trotsky

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

Having said that, I *still* think it's ****ed up that people like Joe,
Mike, Scott and Arnold have nothing better to do than to trash
someone's work simply because they don't like the creator of the work.

As usual Weil you're either talking out the back of your neck and/or

just

don't get it.

I've only stated true, well-known facts in this matter, facts that not

even

Singh has denied.

I'm not sure which "facts" you're talking about, Kruegs. I do know I've
just caught you lying, though.

You don't even know when YOU'RE lying. In any case you are not fit to pass
moral judgement on anybody.

Disagreed. I was brought up as a Christian, and you are a joke to claim
that you are one.

Michael Mckelvy

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

Much like anybody who would be idiot enough to spend 1300 bucks for a
$350.00 speaker and then had to contend with your temper when they

return
them because they suck.

Singh's speakers worth $350? My, you're in a generous mood today!

..et's say$56.00 for driver times 2 is 112.00. Plus 150.00 for both
cabinets, plus wiring and terminal cups and driver screws and Logo sticers
of some sort front and rear leaves us with a figure close to 350. if you
assume he used the more expensive caps and coils and the non iductive
resistors.

He also had to pay about 40 bucks for Madiasound to design the crossover,
but that's only a one time charge, I believe.

Using cheaper caps,coils and resistors leaves a few bucks less. I say give
him the benefit of thr doubt.

Whaddya suppose he pays for the web site and design thereof?

Arny Krueger

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm waiting for the tower at $5000 with only $500 in parts in it.
Appropriately named Uranus.

LOL!

The coffee was all drunk up, so my CRT didn't get a bath!

Arny Krueger

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

Much like anybody who would be idiot enough to spend 1300 bucks for
a $350.00 speaker and then had to contend with your temper when they

return
them because they suck.

Singh's speakers worth $350? My, you're in a generous mood today!

.et's say$56.00 for driver times 2 is 112.00. Plus 150.00 for both
cabinets, plus wiring and terminal cups and driver screws and Logo
sticers of some sort front and rear leaves us with a figure close to
350. if you assume he used the more expensive caps and coils and the
non iductive resistors.

Perhaps.

He also had to pay about 40 bucks for Madiasound to design the
crossover, but that's only a one time charge, I believe.

Right, no royalties. Given that they probably get this particular request
pretty often, they made lots of bucks on that one.

Using cheaper caps,coils and resistors leaves a few bucks less. I
say give him the benefit of thr doubt.

Whaddya suppose he pays for the web site and design thereof?

I think he posted that information - it was something like a $grand for the
web design.

Web sites with nearly zero storage and download volume are under $5 a month,
I hear.

The Devil

I'm sure you'll just **** all over it later.

--
td

Michael Mckelvy

"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:
The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

Lionel

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

I would have written :
"Probably circling YourAnus"

George M. Middius

Lionella la Salope said:

Probably circling Uranus.

I would have written :
"Probably circling YourAnus"

Are you actually trying to convince us you're stupider than duh-Mikey?

trotsky

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

What was the name of your speaker, Mickey?

Lionel

George M. Middius wrote:

Lionella la Salope said:

Probably circling Uranus.

I would have written :
"Probably circling YourAnus"

Are you actually trying to convince us you're stupider than duh-Mikey?

I don't really know Mikey but I think I have a good chance. ;-)

"Vanitas vanitatum, et omnia vanitas"

Joseph Oberlander

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

That would be the $5000 3-way tower with $500 in parts

Michael Mckelvy

"trotsky" wrote in message

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

What was the name of your speaker, Mickey?

You know what it was. Most importantly, it was MY speaker, not

Madisound's.

Arny Krueger

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
nk.net

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

That would be the $5000 3-way tower with $500 in parts

Transmision-line bass

trotsky

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

What was the name of your speaker, Mickey?

You know what it was. Most importantly, it was MY speaker, not

Madisound's.

The Europa and Subterfuge are wholly my design. I did have another guy
do the website, but I didn't want to have pictures of my speakers in a
front yard, of course. Your credibility on this matter is zero, of course.

Lionel

trotsky wrote:

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

normanstrong wrote:

The speaker now on the market is the Europa? Can we expect an Io,
Ganymede and Callisto?

I'm working on the Ganymede currently, actually.

Probably circling Uranus.

What was the name of your speaker, Mickey?

You know what it was. Most importantly, it was MY speaker, not

Madisound's.

The Europa and Subterfuge are wholly my design.

We are sure it's true for the Subterfuge because it looks like you !
LOL !
The Europa have externally a symmetric design which is in use since more
than 15,000 years.
LOL ! LOL !