George Middius

Tom said:

Settle down, Scott. He's just giving Mikey ****.

That's what they used to do to prevent undesirables from moving into
certain ethnic neighborhoods in Chicago.

Not really. It's what we do here. Try looking at it from a
different point of view.

Good advice but I don't think it's realistic. Scooter is being a real drama
queen over this issue. The last time he tried out a different viewpoint, he came
up with the notion that Stereophile is an instrument of repression against the
underclasses. The problem with that view is that he can't make up his mind: On
his more manic days, he rails at people whose income is modest for not pulling
their fair shares of the tax burden.

I wonder how much Scottie has donated for the Katrina victims. A rusted out old
car, maybe?

Lionel

ScottW a écrit :
"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Scottiedork misses the point. Not surprising, at least to me.

Morein's vendetta is despicable and all I see
is good people ignoring it or scum encouraging it.

Suppose Robert's "campaign" drove Mickey to suicide. Would you give him
kudos or condemnation?

I wouldn't even give him kudos if he drove you to suicide, George.

....But you should provide me with an official certificate
stating that you are not hispanic, Muslim... or French.

dave weil

On 9 Sep 2005 08:41:54 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

Morein's a bigotted ass and anyone who condones or silently accepts
his calls for Mike to leave are equally guilty.

If you could spell, it might help your case a little.

And, BTW, your logic is totally screwed up.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

I notice you don't claim Dick Pierce is not bright due to his

lack
of
skill
as a typist.

Dick Pierce has many other gifts that have not been given to you.

Nor you Bob, nor you.

ScottW

Scott, let's not be repetitious.
Your style would actually be stronger if you confined the statement

single "Nor you, Bob."
Mike McKelvy simply does not have the basic level of intelligence
required
to make original posts. He is a consistent plagiarist, taking almost
his
entire verbal repertoire from the posts Arny Krueger. Even Mikey's
humorous
comment is plargiarism: http://www.owtweb.com/resources/049.html

I stated it was not original. So what? Funny is funny.

Mikey must come to realize that he has an inferior mind, and would
be
better
off in a slower track. There are many usenet groups that cater to
his
intellectual level, but not this one.

I'm sure you visit them regularly.

I guees maybe I prefer honsety to originality.

Mikey, "honsety" is not a word.

Jeez Bob, how empty is your life?

Mikey, you do not belong here. You will find more satisfaction in
congregation with people of similar mental ability.

But the MENSA folks are kinda boring.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
news

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in

message
news
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in
message

ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote
in
message

ink.net...

" wrote

in
message

ink.net...

"Ian" wrote in message
Are Onkyo stereo amplifiers and receivers still
considered
high-
end quality like they once were? Would a current
Onkyo
audio
component give a component from a brand such as
Denon
run
for
its money?

Thanks

Depends on what you consier high end. Gruuunt.

Gleek.
Urrghh.
Grunt.
Gleek. Urrgh.

"Consier" is not a word. As for your mating call, I

have
no
comment.

Considering that you get so many things wrong, one
would
think
you'd
be
more
forgiving of others. Lack of self awareness noted.

Mikey, you constantly parrot Arny Krueger.

We agree on the issue of ABX and DBT.

You lack sufficient IQ to create
original thoughts.
Mikey, you do not belong here.

Did you fail to get your PhD for the same behavior as you
exhibit
here?
Were they as unimpressed with your lack of diligence there

as
we
are
here?

Mikey, you cannot judge your betters.

So far that hasn't been needed. You certainly may be better

at
things
am
not, but you are also a liar.

You wouldn't know, Mikey. Your brain is not strong enough to
determine
this.

You are a sad pathetic man.

As to your lying, you've repeatedly stated that Arny only used 5
amps
in
determining thaqt most good amps sound the same, even though you
have
been
repeatedly informed tha such is not the case.

Mikey, "lying" is not a noun, and therefore, cannot be the
subject
of
phrase.
"Thaqt" is not a word, and neither is "tha".
I have never made a statement as to the amount of current drawn
by
Arny
Krueger in the testing of amplifiers.
Mikey, why continue to embarass yourself with this public display

of
your
mental inadequacy?

I'm sorry, I thought you were smart enough to know that the word
amps,
is
used to refer to amplifiers. Sheesh, and you think you're smart?

Mikey, when a word has ambiguous meaning, it is the obligation of
the
writer
to disambiguate it.

When one is posting to an audio newsgroup, one assumes that the
readers
are
familiar with the terminology. As you have now demonstrated, you
don't
have
that familiarity.
Perhaps, you should get someone that knows about audio to make you a
glossary.

Thank you, Mikey. What is an amplifier?

A device that increases the amplitude of a signal.

Very good. What is amplitude ?

Why is it you don't know?

George Middius

For once, Gibberella manages to make a post that's nearly comprehensible.

Suppose Robert's "campaign" drove Mickey to suicide. Would you give him
kudos or condemnation?

And you ?

WHo's asking?

I equate the Bug Eater with the Krooborg. Enough said?

Now tell us about yourself, Slut. What's your real name?

George Middius

dave weil said to the TerrierBorg:

Morein's a bigotted ass and anyone who condones or silently accepts
his calls for Mike to leave are equally guilty.

If you could spell, it might help your case a little.

I think Scottie might be deliberately establishing his credentials as a Special
Person.

And, BTW, your logic is totally screwed up.

Scottie's version of logic tells us that if a magazine editor makes you feel
inferior, that's bad, and if a normal person tells a Special Person to shut up,
that's bad; but if a different normal person discloses that his income is below
six figures, it's OK to put him down.

George Middius

duh-Mikey stumbles over his keyboard again.

Thank you, Mikey. What is an amplifier?

A device that increases the amplitude of a signal.

Very good. What is amplitude ?

Why is it you don't know?

Thanks Mr. McMickey for admitting you don't know what amplitude is.

Lionel

George Middius a écrit :
For once, Gibberella manages to make a post that's nearly comprehensible.

Suppose Robert's "campaign" drove Mickey to suicide. Would you give him
kudos or condemnation?

And you ?

WHo's asking?

I equate the Bug Eater with the Krooborg. Enough said?

Sincerely ?
No.

Now tell us about yourself, Slut. What's your real name?

Lionel Chapuis
3, chemin des Brosses
42500 Le Chambon-Feugerolles
France

(+33) 477 89 02 93
Robert Morein

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
news
" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in

message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in

message

news

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in
message

ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in

message

" wrote
in
message

ink.net...

"

wrote
in
message

ink.net...

"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

Mikey, stop the masquerade. Your mental powers are limited. You have a weak
mind. Leave your betters in peace, and congregate with your own kind.

ScottW

Robert Morein wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

I'm sick of your arrogant
bigotry and I'm certain no university anywhere would like to count you
among it's alumni with this behavior. It'd be too damned embarrassing
for any self respecting institution.

They don't have a choice, Scott. I get annual update requests from the
directories.

Obvious they don't want to miss their first opportunity to delist you,
hence the frequent queries.

ScottW

George Middius

A moment of truthfulness from Lionella. how shocking.

I equate the Bug Eater with the Krooborg. Enough said?

Sincerely ?
No.

If not, then you're not paying attention.

Now tell us about yourself, Slut. What's your real name?

Lionel Chapuis
3, chemin des Brosses
42500 Le Chambon-Feugerolles
France

(+33) 477 89 02 93

That appears to be a genuine listing. Of course, one never knows if that's
really you. How far are you from the Mediterranean? Aren't you afraid of being
stalked? The Krooborg will tell you that several RAOers have stalked him.

ScottW

Robert Morein wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Scott, there is no such word as "biggot".
http://hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=biggot

The implications are obvious, Scott. Your intended word, "bigot", is
incredibly valuable to your conceptualization of other human beings, yet you
cannot spell it.

Far be it for me to class you as a mental defective like Mike McKelvy.
However, it is obvious, Scott, that you are not yourself a person with an
outstanding intellect. A bit above average is all you have.

Proof it doesn't take a genius to peg you for the arrogant pompous
biggotted ass loser you are.

ScottW

ScottW

George Middius wrote:
dave weil said to the TerrierBorg:

Morein's a bigotted ass and anyone who condones or silently accepts
his calls for Mike to leave are equally guilty.

If you could spell, it might help your case a little.

I think Scottie might be deliberately establishing his credentials as a Special
Person.

And, BTW, your logic is totally screwed up.

Scottie's version of logic tells us that if a magazine editor makes you feel
inferior, that's bad, and if a normal person tells a Special Person to shut up,
that's bad; but if a different normal person discloses that his income is below
six figures,

by his own choice working less than full time and taking advantaged
of progressive tax systems.

it's OK to

point out that isn't exactly carrying one's load.

George, meet truth. He is a good friend.

ScottW

MINe 109

In article .com,
"ScottW" wrote:

George Middius wrote:
dave weil said to the TerrierBorg:

Morein's a bigotted ass and anyone who condones or silently accepts
his calls for Mike to leave are equally guilty.

If you could spell, it might help your case a little.

I think Scottie might be deliberately establishing his credentials as a
Special
Person.

And, BTW, your logic is totally screwed up.

Scottie's version of logic tells us that if a magazine editor makes you
feel
inferior, that's bad, and if a normal person tells a Special Person to shut
up,
that's bad; but if a different normal person discloses that his income is
below
six figures,

by his own choice working less than full time and taking advantaged
of progressive tax systems.

I'd guess he'd take six figures for the same work if it were offered.

What about the disadvantage of the regressive tax systems? Ever pay
self-employment tax?

Stephen
Lionel

George Middius a écrit :

Lionel Chapuis
3, chemin des Brosses
42500 Le Chambon-Feugerolles
France

(+33) 477 89 02 93

That appears to be a genuine listing. Of course, one never knows if that's
really you.

It's not my fault if your are more stingy than intelligent. ;-)

How far are you from the Mediterranean?

About 300 km.

Aren't you afraid of being
stalked?

No

The Krooborg will tell you that several RAOers have stalked him.

I don't know any "Krooborg".

dave weil

On 9 Sep 2005 10:59:15 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

dave weil wrote:
On 9 Sep 2005 08:41:54 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

Morein's a bigotted ass and anyone who condones or silently accepts
his calls for Mike to leave are equally guilty.

If you could spell, it might help your case a little.

Just shows how shallow your influences really are.

Apologize for your poor grasp of the language all you want. All it
points out is that even nincompoops can get by in life.

And, BTW, your logic is totally screwed up.

We've seen your lack of moral clarity, Dave. If you understood I'd be
pausing to reflect.

Then you should be pausing to reflect right about now (just to show
how your poor command of the language works against you).

PS, *you've* got the "moral clarity" of Enron.

Sander deWaal

Lionel said:

snip

Lionel, I read your question about my speakers, but the post got lost
before I could answer it.

Therefore my answer he

I sold the drivers for the "Soup" speaker, because of immediate
financial problems elsewhere in the household.
So, for the moment, I'll have to live with my Maggies.............

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
dave weil

On 9 Sep 2005 11:36:50 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

Scottie's version of logic tells us that if a magazine editor makes you feel
inferior, that's bad, and if a normal person tells a Special Person to shut up,
that's bad; but if a different normal person discloses that his income is below
six figures,

by his own choice working less than full time

And what is "full time"? How many weeks of vacation did you take this
year, i.e. how many hours did you actually work this year? How many
hours a day do you work, excluding lunch?

I AVERAGE 36 hours a week (which is full time in most countries and
THEY get 5 weeks vacation on top of that) and I haven't taken a
vacation in several years. I HAVE worked overtime at least 4 weeks
this year. And no, I'm not complaining. I COULD take a vacation if I
wanted to. I tend NOT to like extended vacations. I only take them
when I need to go to Europe (that was my last vacation) or something
similar.

I avoid the next shift because it would put me in overtime (so that
means that I usually only have to work 4 full shifts and a couple of
hours of "extra stuff" (admin, special deliveries, etc.). I had to do
some overtime when were were a bit stressed due to some unusual
turnover, and I don't mind doing it when asked, but usually, overtime
is something to be avoided.

So, if you subtract out your vacation/s, I'll bet I'm pretty much
right where you are at in terms of "hours worked".

Basically, I have what you idiots in middle management would call a
"flex job".

and taking advantaged of progressive tax systems.

Tsk, tsk - there're those poor language skills again. The tax system
is what it is. You don't like it? Then leave the US, you commie.
chuckle

it's OK to

point out that isn't exactly carrying one's load.

Sure it is.

You lose.

Again.

George, meet truth. He is a good friend.

How would YOU know? You've never been formally introduced.

BTW, pleasure to give you more insight into my private life, which you
seem obsessed with.

dave weil

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:49:41 GMT, MINe 109
wrote:

I'd guess he'd take six figures for the same work if it were offered.

What about the disadvantage of the regressive tax systems? Ever pay
self-employment tax?

And there are certainly disadvantages to the system that we are under,
especially for tipped employees. For those of us not in "close to
minimum wage for tipped employees" states or locales, we find
ourselves burdened by the lack of sufficient income to cover payroll
withholding and have to make quarterly payments if we don't want to
owe the bulk of our taxes at tax time. It used to be a pain in the
butt to have to budget for that, but now, it's easier to make smaller
weekly payments at the relatively new EFTPS system. Most servers still
don't do it though and they end up owing big in April.

Of course, there are a few states such as California that require
$4.50 an hour even for tipped employees. That's because the cost of
living is so high in most of the locations there. Here, we only get
paid 2.13 an hour, but at least the cost of living is fairly
reasonable, so there's a tradeoff. The IRS doesn't care about that at
tax time though. Fortunately for me, being head trainer gives me $4.50
an hour so I've got the best of both worlds. This year, I only had to
fork out $500 at tax time, instead of the usual $1300 (and before I
got my mortgages, it was almost $3000 at tax time).
Lionel

Sander deWaal a écrit :
Lionel said:

snip

Lionel, I read your question about my speakers, but the post got lost
before I could answer it.

Therefore my answer he

I sold the drivers for the "Soup" speaker, because of immediate
financial problems elsewhere in the household.

Sometime **** happens we all know that ! :-(

So, for the moment, I'll have to live with my Maggies.............

Not a bad company anyway.
MINe 109

wrote:

[...]

About a third of my income is subject to self-employment. I use
additional withholding from my W-4 jobs to avoid that potential April
balloon payment. Then there's "non-employee compensation."

Of course, I can use that spare time to shop at Half-Price. Latest haul:
Kontiki/Cotton Mather; Elaine Elias plays Jobim ($1); "Dur dur d'etre
bebe"/Jordy; Rosa Ponselle on Everest; Vintage Music Vol 1 (Steve
Hoffman mastered lp).

Stephen

ScottW

wrote:

I'd guess he'd take six figures for the same work if it were offered.

Sure... and work one night a week.

[...]

http://www.dol.gov/esa/programs/whd/state/tipped.htm

California $6.75 which happens to be the same for non-tipped
employees.

According to this the advanced state of Tennessee has no state minimum
wage.

Here, we only get
paid 2.13 an hour,

the federal minimum.

but at least the cost of living is fairly
reasonable, so there's a tradeoff. The IRS doesn't care about that at
tax time though.

No ****. We pay the progressive taxes even though our cost of living
is higher and our deductions get limited by AMT etc.

Fortunately for me, being head trainer gives me $4.50
an hour so I've got the best of both worlds.

I think there's a world out there you don't even know about.

Hell, people in Guam get a better hourly wage than you do without head
trainer bennies.

This year, I only had to
fork out $500 at tax time, instead of the usual $1300 (and before I
got my mortgages, it was almost $3000 at tax time).

Are finally paying the equivalent due of every man, woman, and child?

ScottW

MINe 109

In article . com,
"ScottW" wrote:

Are finally paying the equivalent due of every man, woman, and child?

Would you be so kind as to assure us you're aware this is a complete
misuse of mathematics and that you only use it to irritate dave?

Stephen
dave weil

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, you're right. I forgot that California was a little higher than
some of the other states.

According to this the advanced state of Tennessee has no state minimum
wage.

Or state income tax. Or super high cost of living. Or "possessions
tax" like some states. OTOH, we DO have a high sales tax (regressive,
not progressive tax).

Here, we only get
paid 2.13 an hour,

the federal minimum.

For tipped employees only. Otherwise, it's 5.25 or thereabouts.

but at least the cost of living is fairly
reasonable, so there's a tradeoff. The IRS doesn't care about that at
tax time though.

No ****. We pay the progressive taxes even though our cost of living
is higher and our deductions get limited by AMT etc.

So, you don't like having to pay your way, I guess.

Fortunately for me, being head trainer gives me $4.50
an hour so I've got the best of both worlds.

I think there's a world out there you don't even know about.

I suspect that I've lived in more of it than you have.

Hell, people in Guam get a better hourly wage than you do without head
trainer bennies.

Agreed. And I might like living there. Except that I'm not much of an
ocean guy, as I've said in the past. Now, Apen or Vail, THAT'S the
ticket. I could make close to $100,000 a year doing restaurant work
there, but then there's that dratted cost of living bug-a-boo again.

Frankly, I make just about as much as my counterparts in our
California restaurants, EXCEPT, I make a couple of dollars an hour
less (I suspect that if I were head trainer out there, it would be
more like about $6 less. But I can also easily buy a house for under
$100,000 here.

This year, I only had to
fork out $500 at tax time, instead of the usual $1300 (and before I
got my mortgages, it was almost $3000 at tax time).

Are finally paying the equivalent due of every man, woman, and child?

I don't know. I'm going to make about $40,000 this year. Subtract
about $10K for mortgage and charity donations and do the math. I don't
have any tricky off-shore accounts or other tax dodges.

I pay EXACTLY what the federal government has deemed fair for a person
in my situation. Probably less than Jeffrey Skilling paid.

Once again, I'm amazed that my personal finances intrigue you so much.
ScottW

dave weil wrote:
On 9 Sep 2005 11:36:50 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

Scottie's version of logic tells us that if a magazine editor makes you feel
inferior, that's bad, and if a normal person tells a Special Person to shut up,
that's bad; but if a different normal person discloses that his income is below
six figures,

by his own choice working less than full time

And what is "full time"?

40 hours/week Dave... this isn't France.

How many weeks of vacation did you take this
year,

I get 5 paid but I can't bank more than 10 weeks so I can cash in if
I choose.

i.e. how many hours did you actually work this year? How many
hours a day do you work, excluding lunch?

I'm on salary Dave... I don't even keep track... but, just for example
upon reviewing my calendar I had 3 working lunches this week which is
pretty typical.

I AVERAGE 36 hours a week (which is full time in most countries and
THEY get 5 weeks vacation on top of that)

Euro envy noted.

and I haven't taken a
vacation in several years. I HAVE worked overtime at least 4 weeks
this year. And no, I'm not complaining. I COULD take a vacation if I
wanted to. I tend NOT to like extended vacations. I only take them
when I need to go to Europe (that was my last vacation) or something
similar.

I avoid the next shift because it would put me in overtime (so that
means that I usually only have to work 4 full shifts and a couple of
hours of "extra stuff" (admin, special deliveries, etc.). I had to do
some overtime when were were a bit stressed due to some unusual
turnover, and I don't mind doing it when asked, but usually, overtime
is something to be avoided.

Yeah, time and a half isn't squat at 4.50/hour .

So you're no longer saying your income level is by choice? IIRC you
once said you could make more money and pay more taxes if you wanted
to. Your lifestyle and income was by choice...now you imply you're
maxed out. Are you going both ways again Dave?

So, if you subtract out your vacation/s, I'll bet I'm pretty much
right where you are at in terms of "hours worked".

Obviously you've never had a salary position. I get paid and taxes
get paid regardless of the number of hours I put in. All the company
cares is if my job gets done.

Basically, I have what you idiots in middle management would call a
"flex job".

Call me an idiot Dave... but you just said I work less hours than you
do, I get paid vacations that you don't, I also have health, retirement
and stock benefits you don't, my retirement is secured, and I make a
****pot more money than you do... but I'm the idiot.
Ok....ladidah... ladidah.

ScottW

ScottW

dave weil wrote:
On 9 Sep 2005 13:34:52 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

Frankly, I make just about as much as my counterparts in our
California restaurants, EXCEPT, I make a couple of dollars an hour
less (I suspect that if I were head trainer out there, it would be
more like about $6 less. But I can also easily buy a house for under
$100,000 here.

Nashville ASP is $178K according to this site.
http://www.homegain.com/local_real_e...nashville.html

I don't know about there... but there isn't anything on our market at
60% of the ASP which is already heavily skewed to the low end of the
market.

I pay EXACTLY what the federal government has deemed fair for a person
in my situation.

Who say's the gov has designed the tax system to be "fair"?

Probably less than Jeffrey Skilling paid.

Once again, I'm amazed that my personal finances intrigue you so much.

You're personal finances never interested me. It was your claim that
you pay your share and accepting the perception that people of higher
income are duty bound to cover your self admitted slacking ass.

ScottW

George M. Middius

MINe 109 said:

Are finally paying the equivalent due of every man, woman, and child?

Would you be so kind as to assure us you're aware this is a complete
misuse of mathematics and that you only use it to irritate dave?

Too many syllables in that sentence. Scottie is way lost now.

Margaret von B.

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Call me an idiot Dave... but you just said I work less hours than you
do, I get paid vacations that you don't, I also have health, retirement
and stock benefits you don't, my retirement is secured, and I make a
****pot more money than you do... but I'm the idiot.

You certainly ARE an idiot for posting the above paragraph. Typical small
man talk.

Cheers,

Margaret

"George Middius" wrote in message

duh-Mikey stumbles over his keyboard again.

Thank you, Mikey. What is an amplifier?

A device that increases the amplitude of a signal.

Very good. What is amplitude ?

Why is it you don't know?

Thanks Mr. McMickey for admitting you don't know what amplitude is.

I'm not the one asking.

Robert Morein

"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip]
Hey, If Morein has a right to express his point of view.. then I
surely have a right to express mine.

Morein's a bigotted ass and anyone who condones or silently accepts
his calls for Mike to leave are equally guilty.

Sorry if that causes you pause to reflect... but it should.

ScottW

Scott, "bigot" has three tees, and "ass" is spelled "as".

You deserve the Rose Kennedy award for your fight for rights of the mentally
retarded.

Robert Morein

"ScottW" wrote in message
ps.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

I'm sick of your arrogant
bigotry and I'm certain no university anywhere would like to count you
among it's alumni with this behavior. It'd be too damned embarrassing
for any self respecting institution.

They don't have a choice, Scott. I get annual update requests from the
directories.

Obvious they don't want to miss their first opportunity to delist you,
hence the frequent queries.

ScottW

Scott, your satirical jibe is cruel, unfeeling, and makes me want to cry.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"George Middius" wrote in message

duh-Mikey stumbles over his keyboard again.

Thank you, Mikey. What is an amplifier?

A device that increases the amplitude of a signal.

Very good. What is amplitude ?

Why is it you don't know?

Thanks Mr. McMickey for admitting you don't know what amplitude is.

I'm not the one asking.

You're not the one who knows, either.

"ScottW" wrote

by his own choice working less than full time and taking advantaged
of progressive tax systems.

Lots of people do that. I do. I bet you do to. I bet most of GW's
friends pay way less than their "load".

it's OK to...

point out that isn't exactly carrying one's load.

George, meet truth. He is a good friend.

You view of the truth is pretty special.

ScottW

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . com,
"ScottW" wrote:

Are finally paying the equivalent due of every man, woman, and child?

Would you be so kind as to assure us you're aware this is a complete
misuse of mathematics and that you only use it to irritate dave?

I guess you missed his famous claim that he paid his fair
share. Actually I think more people should know exactly
what their share of government spending is so we wouldn't
have Congress passing $50B to buy votes with no debate and
no amendments. We F'd up so lets throw everyone
affected some money ala 9-11.
A congressman (who voted no on the bill) just said on the
news that every household
in America just got tapped for $600. Hell.... I wish that
were true. Closer to the truth is 1 houshold in 10
just tapped for $6,000. This after we're begginning to hear
about the ridiculous disbursements of 9-11 money.
I think I'll apply for my debit card tomorrow (sarcasm people).

ScottW

ScottW

wrote in message
"ScottW" wrote

by his own choice working less than full time and taking advantaged
of progressive tax systems.

Lots of people do that. I do. I bet you do to.

You bet wrong.

I bet most of GW's
friends pay way less than their "load".

and I thought all the republicans were rich.
I they aren't paying their share... who is?

it's OK to...

point out that isn't exactly carrying one's load.

George, meet truth. He is a good friend.

You view of the truth is pretty special.

Thanks,

ScottW

dave weil

On 9 Sep 2005 14:07:09 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

dave weil wrote:
On 9 Sep 2005 11:36:50 -0700, "ScottW" wrote:

Scottie's version of logic tells us that if a magazine editor makes you feel
inferior, that's bad, and if a normal person tells a Special Person to shut up,
that's bad; but if a different normal person discloses that his income is below
six figures,

by his own choice working less than full time

And what is "full time"?

40 hours/week Dave... this isn't France.

Oh really?

How many weeks of vacation did you take this
year,

I get 5 paid but I can't bank more than 10 weeks so I can cash in if
I choose.

So I actually work more hours than you do a year.

i.e. how many hours did you actually work this year? How many
hours a day do you work, excluding lunch?

I'm on salary Dave... I don't even keep track...

Well then, you should just shut up then. As far as I know, you don't
even average what I average.

but, just for example
upon reviewing my calendar I had 3 working lunches this week which is
pretty typical.

Well, I don't even take lunches. Or breaks. And I don't sit on my ass
at a desk most of the day either.

I AVERAGE 36 hours a week (which is full time in most countries and
THEY get 5 weeks vacation on top of that)

Euro envy noted.

You forget that I've lived AND worked there.

and I haven't taken a
vacation in several years. I HAVE worked overtime at least 4 weeks
this year. And no, I'm not complaining. I COULD take a vacation if I
wanted to. I tend NOT to like extended vacations. I only take them
when I need to go to Europe (that was my last vacation) or something
similar.

I avoid the next shift because it would put me in overtime (so that
means that I usually only have to work 4 full shifts and a couple of
hours of "extra stuff" (admin, special deliveries, etc.). I had to do
some overtime when were were a bit stressed due to some unusual
turnover, and I don't mind doing it when asked, but usually, overtime
is something to be avoided.

Yeah, time and a half isn't squat at 4.50/hour .

The corporation doesn't see it that way.

So you're no longer saying your income level is by choice? IIRC you
once said you could make more money and pay more taxes if you wanted
to. Your lifestyle and income was by choice...now you imply you're
maxed out. Are you going both ways again Dave?

Well, I could get a second job if I wanted to. I don't. I'm happy with
my situation.

So, if you subtract out your vacation/s, I'll bet I'm pretty much
right where you are at in terms of "hours worked".

Obviously you've never had a salary position. I get paid and taxes
get paid regardless of the number of hours I put in.

Actually I have. And yes, I fully realize that. That's what makes your
harping about the number of hours I work especially ludicrous.

All the company
cares is if my job gets done.

Hopefully, spelling isn't an issue.

Basically, I have what you idiots in middle management would call a
"flex job".

Call me an idiot Dave... but you just said I work less hours than you
do,

Thanks for confirming it.

I get paid vacations that you don't, I also have health, retirement
and stock benefits you don't, my retirement is secured, and I make a
****pot more money than you do... but I'm the idiot.

That's right.

Ok....

Glad you agree.