Shawn

Default How to split monitor out from board into 2 monitor amps?

Hi,
I hope I'm not double posting. I posted this last night and it
doesnt' show up.
I did a lot of searching and cannot find a direct answer to this
question.
I want to hook up a 2nd monitor system, another power amp and 2
wedges, but still have only the one monitor send from the foh board.
Do I just Y out of the send from the board or from the snake from the
board?
I've heard that, at line level, there isn't signal loss if you Y.
I've also heard that's not true.

What say you all?

Thanks
Shawn

Logan Shaw

Shawn wrote:
I hope I'm not double posting. I posted this last night and it
doesnt' show up.
I did a lot of searching and cannot find a direct answer to this
question.
I want to hook up a 2nd monitor system, another power amp and 2
wedges, but still have only the one monitor send from the foh board.
Do I just Y out of the send from the board or from the snake from the
board?

Your original post showed up on my news server, and you got 4 good
replies. If you can't find them on your news server, go to
http://groups.google.com/ and do an advanced search, specifying
"rec.audio.pro" as the newsgroup, "several monitor systems" as
the search keywords, and limit it to articles in the last week.
That should almost definitely show you the replies.

- Logan