Lorin David Schultz

Default Importing video into ProTools Free?

"Richard Kuschel" wrote:

You can't do this on a PC, only a Mac.

It won't work with Pro Tools Free or ProTools LE.

WTF are you talking about? I import QT movies into Pro Tools LE on a
WinXP machine all the time. Where did you get the idea that it doesn't
work?

I can't say for sure that it works with PT Free since I can't load it up
to try (Free and LE can't co-exist on the same machine) but I can tell
you with absolute certainty that there's no problem with PT-LE/WinXP
importing QT video.

This is the third example I've seen tonight of a regular posting
information that's just plain wrong (and I only have time to read about
25% of what's up here). We need to be more careful guys.

To the OP: ask your instructor and be prepared to explain why you
weren't in class.

--
"I got into audio because I like pushing buttons...
...never figured on all this freakin' wire!"

Lorin David Schultz

"Martin_A" wrote in message

Lorin,
On my machine running win98 and PT 5.1, I don't have the "import
movie" option. Are you importing quicktime some other way, or do you
have a different version of Protools?

Really? Okay, maybe I was too quick to jump all over Richard. Sorry
Richard.

I'm running version 5.3.3 under WinXP. The movie menu is exactly the
same as on our Mac, which I think is running 5.1.

--
"I got into audio because I like pushing buttons...
...never figured on all this freakin' wire!"
- Lorin David Schultz

Lorin David Schultz

"Richard Kuschel" wrote in message

Ijust took the information from the ProTools reference manual Chapter
25 Page 357, paragraph 2--

"QuickTime movie features in Pro Tools are supported on Macintosh
systems only"

I thought that may have been correct.

Oh you silly lad. You can't trust manuals to be correct or accurate!

Further to your defense, Martin says that he doesn't have Quicktime
capability using 5.1 under Win98, so apparently earlier incarnations of
Pro Tools for Windows wouldn't do it.

I'll bow out by saying that current versions of Pro Tools LE for Windows
XP *DO* offer the same Quicktime import capability as Mac versions, and
apologize for being overly aggressive in my reply.

--
"I got into audio because I like pushing buttons...
...never figured on all this freakin' wire!"
- Lorin David Schultz

Ty Ford

In Article , "Lorin David
Schultz" wrote:
"Richard Kuschel" wrote:

You can't do this on a PC, only a Mac.

It won't work with Pro Tools Free or ProTools LE.

WTF are you talking about? I import QT movies into Pro Tools LE on a
WinXP machine all the time. Where did you get the idea that it doesn't
work?

And I do it on a Mac with PTLE and a digi001. Richard, Wasamadda U?!

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

LeBaron & Alrich

Ty Ford wrote:

And I do it on a Mac with PTLE and a digi001. Richard, Wasamadda U?!

How long will it take y'all to read the subject line?

He's asking about PT Free, and y'all are bragging about PTLE.

This is why I don't need television. g

--
ha
Lorin David Schultz

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote

How long will it take y'all to read the subject line?

He's asking about PT Free, and y'all are bragging about PTLE.

Richard started it!

to say that LE won't either. We're just correcting that.

Try to keep up, will ya? This ain't an episodic, it's a serial! g

--
"I got into audio because I like pushing buttons...
...never figured on all this freakin' wire!"
- Lorin David Schultz

Rob Walker

Seems all this is getting a bit confusing...

The original question was on PT Free for Windows.

This is 5.0.1 FREE - same as mac PT Free. That's the only free
version you can get. On windows there is no import movie option.

Pro Tools for Windows didn't support quicktime till after this
release, so PT Free (unless digidesign gives it a revision) is frozen
at version 5.0.1 WITHOUT quicktime support.

Windows LE users have had QT support since version 5.1 IIRC.

I hope I've got my story straight else I'm in for a kicking!

Rob Walker