Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sam Seagate Sam Seagate is offline

Default mobile monitor set up in the house?

I think I've seen discussion about this before, but because of
differences between the simple headphones I use in the house for mixing
versus the simple audio set up with speakers in the car, my mixes never
turn out quite right from a sonic standpoint because they sound crappy
in the car after having been mixed on headphones in the house.
Recently, I set up a remote laptop in the car which can access the
desktop's software and files in the house. I can then do whatever I
need to do to the mix from the car and using the car's audio system, but
I'm thinking that there must be a better way. Is it worth trying to set
up a mobile set up in the house using the same radio/ speakers as in the
car? Or maybe I need a better set of monitor headphones or maybe even
consider buying a pair of speakers, but I don't really have the space.
I use Sony MDR-V6's in the house, but these don't match what I hear on
the 4 speaker system in the car, which is generic and it's a Mercury
Sable 2000. So, nothing special but I would prefer something in the
house that more closely matches what I hear in the car.

Thanks for your help.

Sam