Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

Default A present for ScottW.

Read this if you can tear yourself away from your blogs long enough.

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15�pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 4, 1:35�pm, Vinylanach wrote:

Read this if you can tear yourself away from your blogs long enough.

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

I've seen this referenced. �His objective is summarized he

"Once you eliminate the illusion of eternal life, the "spirit of
September 11" is that much stronger and more important. We all have an
extremely limited amount of time on earth to experience our lives. And
we are all in this together. We should help each other to make the
most of it. "

Sounds like he wants an anti-religion crusade of his own. Anyway, I
think his argument gives way too much credit to rational man. �He
ignores the consequence of the elimination of God's wrath and
replacing it with man's. �Will it be heaven of man's making or will it
be hell? � I can't say. �Neither can you.

First of all, I don't believe you read the whole thing in just a few
minutes. Second, your argument is full of "bizarre rationalizations"
like "God's wrath" which have no basis in reality.

Maybe this is more your speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:43�pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 4, 2:19�pm, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

No need. �The objective is enough to understand his
motive.

��Second, your argument is full of "bizarre rationalizations"
like "God's wrath" which have no basis in reality.

�God's wrath is feared in many men. �That fear is real
and does influence some people. �Do you think everyone
will just be happy and "make the most of it" without it?
I doubt it.

The fear is real, but irrational. There is no such thing as God's
wrath. The universe is designed so that everything works as a whole.
The universe doesn't punish or destroy because it would be punishing
and destroying itself.

But you did brush up against a truth about religion...that it's a
social control.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

That's kind of like Christianity, isn't it? You don't need to read
all the evidence in order to come up with a verdict.

Oh, brother.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

But you did brush up against a truth about religion...that it's a
social control.

No ****! How many times have we all heard some fundy nimrod claim that the
laws of man are merely a restatement of the laws of "God"? I've even heard
some of the dumber ones say things like "I know JEE-zus is with me every
minute of every hour of every day." I once made the mistake of correcting
one of them by saying "No, you believe that, but you don't know it." That
unleashed a rant that grabbed at every nonsensical fantasy of a modern
christian soldier.

I wonder how far gone Scottie is. Would he steal and murder if it weren't
for the ten commandments?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

Our dear 2pid is spectacularly unqualified to pass judgment on
anybody. But that doesn't stop him. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 3:28�pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Vinylanach said:

But you did brush up against a truth about religion...that it's a
social control.

No ****! How many times have we all heard some fundy nimrod claim that the
laws of man are merely a restatement of the laws of "God"? I've even heard
some of the dumber ones say things like "I know JEE-zus is with me every
minute of every hour of every day." I once made the mistake of correcting
one of them by saying "No, you believe that, but you don't know it." That
unleashed a rant that grabbed at every nonsensical fantasy of a modern
christian soldier.

I wonder how far gone Scottie is. Would he steal and murder if it weren't
for the ten commandments?

Better question, and I know you've touched on this many times...but
how do "men of science" such as Scott and Arny become Christians? I'm
reminded of the chasm of logic between quantum physics and molecular
biology that brought the String Theory to the forefront on modern
philosophical thought.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

[...]

"There are some things that we may never comprehend. Therefore, there
is God and his Son Jeebus."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

I'm sure every Christian within reading distance is hoping for someone
more qualified to come along and take up the debate. I'm
spectacularly unimpressed with his arguments so far.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

"There are some things that we may never comprehend. Therefore, there
is God and his Son Jeebus."

That is so fifth millennium B.C.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

Hear that?

crickets chirping

That's the sound of another Bible-thumper who left the building after
turning his back on logic and truth. Any time you want to hear a real
sermon, Scott...let me know.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 4 Sep, 16:35, Vinylanach wrote:
Read this if you can tear yourself away from your blogs long enough.

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

I guess He likes frogs better than people.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

You can't. �There is infinite evidence.

Prove it.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

That's a mighty intelligent design.

More intelligent than a big invisible guy who lives in the clouds.

The universe doesn't punish or destroy because it would be punishing
and destroying itself.

But you did brush up against a truth about religion...that it's a
social control.

� So are snake oil reviews, just for a smaller/dumber society.

How are snake oil reviews a social control?

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 6:32�pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 4, 4:29�pm, Vinylanach wrote:

Hear that?

crickets chirping

That's the sound of another Bible-thumper who left the building after
turning his back on logic and truth.

LoL. �I'm not going to be hanging on your every word.
You demand proof for faith. �Quite a silly demand.

Faith is a silly concept, unless it is backed by past experience.

Why others faith disturbs you so deeply is your
cross to bear, not mine.

Millions of people have been killed under the aegis of your "faith."
That disturbs me a lot.

Here's a small example of far smarter people than
you who find logic and truth don't explain the universe.

I never said that logic and truth explains the universe. Not once.

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007...elieve-in-god-...

Why in the world would I look at the views of other mortal men on the
afterlife? No one knows more, or as little, as anyone else.

BTW, thanks for proving my point that there is no
point in engaging people like you on this.

Because you're taking an indefensible and silly position.

It's clear why most Christians walk away from you.
They're nice people.

LoL. Nice people that have killed millions for their cause.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

�I can't. �Can you disprove it? �No?

If you had bothered to read the link I sent you, plenty of proof was
offered. But then again, you're asking me to prove a negative. I
thought engineers knew better than that. Your God is imaginary because
no proof of him exists.

I guess people will just have to come
to their own conclusions.

Conclusions should be made based upon proof, reason, experience and
logic. So what you're saying is I can make up some stuff about a
giant circus clown that lives in all of our brains and tells us what
to do. And when you tell me to prove it, I can then say, "Prove he
doesn't...yay, I win!"? Same thing, same incredibly sloppy thinking.
People believe in the Christian God because they are afraid not to,
not because they've been convinced he exists. It's fear...and
according to the Bible, fear is of Satan. So all you Christians,
according to the Bible, may be worshipping the Devil.

If you read the Bible, you'll know there are actually two Gods in it.
It's the duality of the universe, the yin and the yang. If you look
closely, you'll see the real God who "speaks to us every day through
the wind in the trees." Then there's that bearded fellow that
primitive made created out of thin air 3000 years ago. Which God do
you believe in? Which one is Satan?

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

That's kind of like Christianity, isn't it? ?You don't need to read
all the evidence in order to come up with a verdict.

You can't. ?There is infinite evidence.

Prove it.

Lest anybody forget, Scottie was busy denying his allegiance to JEE-zus as
recently as a month ago.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 8:07�pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 4, 7:36�pm, George M. Middius wrote:

Vinylanach said:

That's kind of like Christianity, isn't it? ?You don't need to read
all the evidence in order to come up with a verdict.

You can't. ?There is infinite evidence.

Prove it.

Lest anybody forget, Scottie was busy denying his allegiance to JEE-zus as
recently as a month ago.

That's true. I am not a Christian.

Is this an abstract exercise for you then?

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

That's kind of like Christianity, isn't it? ?You don't need to read
all the evidence in order to come up with a verdict.

You can't. ?There is infinite evidence.

Prove it.

Lest anybody forget, Scottie was busy denying his allegiance to JEE-zus as
recently as a month ago.

That's true. I am not a Christian.

:Is this an abstract exercise for you then?

I don't ascribe to the ridicule is an acceptable form of
dissent club. �I think it's childish and degrades
a basic freedom.

Ridicule is often necessary to point out hypocrisy and other types of
dishonesty in our society. I think that when we're talking about
eternal salvation and matters of life and death, some people need to
get over "having their feelings hurt" for the greater good of society.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 8:32*pm, ScottW wrote:

LoL. *I'm not going to be hanging on your every word.
You demand proof for faith. *Quite a silly demand.
Why others faith disturbs you so deeply is your
cross to bear, not mine.

I don't care what or who you believe in, 2pid. I really don't.

I *do* care when you try to force me to believe in what you do via
laws and government policy. That's exactly like Sharia.

Here's a small example of far smarter people than
you who find logic and truth don't explain the universe.

As I said: "There are some things we may never comprehend. Therefore,
there are God and his son Jeebus."

Thank you for proving my point.

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007...elieve-in-god-...

BTW, thanks for proving my point that there is no
point in engaging people like you on this.

So now that we're beyond the fact that I don't care what you believe
in, why don't you address why we should have a large separation
between church and state. Can you do it?

As a follow-on: also address how having some Muslim Imam setting laws
is different from a groups of christians doing the same thing.

It's clear why most Christians walk away from you.
They're nice people.

christians are the typically the most self-righteous and most
judgmental people I meet. They're Pharisees, just like you are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 2:15 pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

You can't prove a negative, dum-dum. It is up to those making a claim
to provide the proof.

I guess people will just have to come
to their own conclusions.

Based on no more than tradition.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 4, 10:07*pm, ScottW wrote:

That's true. I am not a Christian.

This is why 2pid is so upset about Sharia.

Those liberal Imams are not going far enough in 2pid's opinion. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Marc, did you miss this?

I don't ascribe to the ridicule is an acceptable form of
dissent club.

Yesterday, a couple of Normals (including you) asked Witless to phrase his
yapping in normal language. Using the above quote as my chief exhibit, I
submit you were asking the impossible.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Here's a small example of far smarter people than
you who find logic and truth don't explain the universe.

As I said: "There are some things we may never comprehend. Therefore,
there are God and his son Jeebus."

This is the nub of my difficulty with organized religions in the age of
reason and science. Since when are there only these two alternatives for
explaining natural phenomena?

(a) We know how and why something happens, so it's rational.

(b) We don't know the how and why, so that means it's an act of "God".

I understand why organized religions have always tried to slow the march
of science. Their power base depends on ignorance of the flock. But
anybody who doesn't depending on tithing and such for a living and still
swallows this crapola has completely abandoned his or her claim to be a
thinking person.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Scottie's willfiul stupidity

Does it get any stupider than this?

Ridicule is often necessary to point out hypocrisy

I think intelligent people can find a more effective to
way to make a point.
Ridicule is a sign they really don't have the answer

Well, lookee here. I get to recycle an earlier post because -- surprise!
-- it's exactly on point for the second time.

Ridicule is a sign they really don't have the answer

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! What a joke!!!!!!!

Witless, you retarded imbecilic moron, you have proven yourself utterly
impervious to reasonable explanations. Hundreds, if not thousands, of
attempts to educate you have bounced off your impenetrable skull. It is
IMPOSSIBLE to hammer any trace of reason into your impossibly dense
'mind'.

Your demands for 'cogent' this or 'intelligent' that are ludicrous, albeit
unintentional, parodies of the kind of person you wish you were. You're
utterly unreasonable, unreasoning, and irrational. You resist logic like a
religious zealot. You wallow in an ocean of hypocrisy. You have absolutely
zero awareness of your own behavior.

It's beyond useless trying to have human-style discussions with you. Your
idea of 'discussions' is mindless yapping and rote repetition of idiocies
and arguments that have been destroyed. You are beyond hopeless.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

That's kind of like Christianity, isn't it? ?You don't need to read
all the evidence in order to come up with a verdict.

You can't. ?There is infinite evidence.

Prove it.

Lest anybody forget, Scottie was busy denying his allegiance to JEE-zus as
recently as a month ago.

That's true. I am not a Christian.

:Is this an abstract exercise for you then?

I don't ascribe to the ridicule is an acceptable form of
dissent club. I think it's childish and degrades
a basic freedom.

Ridicule is often necessary to point out hypocrisy

I think intelligent people can find a more effective to
way to make a point.

Well, the point has been made over and over and over for centuries.
And Christians still believe in their fairy tales. So stronger
methods of persuasion are called for.

Ridicule is a sign they really don't have the answer
IMO.

IMO indeed. Not IMO. Ridicule often results from frustration, from
dealing with irrational people who do not respond to logic and reson
first.

and other types of
dishonesty in our society. �I think that when we're talking about
eternal salvation and matters of life and death, some people need to
get over "having their feelings hurt" for the greater good of society.

�It's highly debatable that destroying the hope for salvation is
for the greater good of society.

You must be high. Obviously you've forgotten what the promise of 72
virgins can do to a society.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Sep 5, 10:45�am, George M. Middius
wrote:
Marc, did you miss this?

I don't ascribe to the ridicule is an acceptable form of
dissent club.

Yesterday, a couple of Normals (including you) asked Witless to phrase his
yapping in normal language. Using the above quote as my chief exhibit, I
submit you were asking the impossible.

Yes, it's been a bit of a chore dotting Scott's Is and crossing his
Ts. In other words, I'm showing him the consideration I wouldn't show
a scumbag like Arny. I hope Scott appreciates that.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Sep 5, 10:53�am, George M. Middius
wrote:
[...]

I'd have to agree. Scott's arguments on religion have become weakened
and compromised to the point where they are no longer worth rebuttal.
I was waiting for someone else to call it first, though, so Scott
wouldn't say that I was running away...you know, like the Black Knight
in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Boon