Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default GOP VP spoiler

It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

Stephen

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On Aug 29, 10:36 am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

She may well be talented, but given McCain's age and
ongoing health problems, would she be an appropriate
choice for the "one heartbeat away" role?

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 � wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

She may well be talented, but given McCain's age and
ongoing health problems, would she be an appropriate
choice for the "one heartbeat away" role?

I'm not sure that it matters after hearing Obama's speech last night.
McCain certainly has his work cut out for him.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

Stephen

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

http://bittenandbound.com/2007/12/26...-palin-former-
miss-alaska-contestant/

A former Miss Alaska pageant Miss Congeniality said to eat "moose
burgers" and considered a "maverick" for speaking against Republican
"ethics issues".

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

She may well be talented, but given McCain's age and
ongoing health problems, would she be an appropriate
choice for the "one heartbeat away" role?

Only two-and-a-half years younger than Obama, she has 20+ months more
executive experience than both presidential candidates.

Of course, that's as governor of Alaska. I imagine the budget is
comparable to a medium-to-large city like Dallas.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

Stephen

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

http://bittenandbound.com/2007/12/26...-palin-former-
miss-alaska-contestant/

A former Miss Alaska pageant Miss Congeniality said to eat "moose
burgers" and considered a "maverick" for speaking against Republican
"ethics issues".

Stephen

I'm doing 10 things at once, so am too lazy to check, but....isn't she
pregnant?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

Stephen

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

http://bittenandbound.com/2007/12/26...-palin-former-
miss-alaska-contestant/

A former Miss Alaska pageant Miss Congeniality said to eat "moose
burgers" and considered a "maverick" for speaking against Republican
"ethics issues".

Stephen

I'm doing 10 things at once, so am too lazy to check, but....isn't she
pregnant?

I hadn't heard that. Google sez: She gave birth to her fifth child in
April.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/380134.html

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Google sez: She gave birth to her fifth child in April.

Uh-oh. Shades of LDS....

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

I dunno...she's cute and she used to smoke weed. I may have to switch
back to the GOP.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 29, 3:56�pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 29 Aug, 18:20, Vinylanach wrote:

I dunno...she's cute and she used to smoke weed. �I may have to switch
back to the GOP.

Boon

did she inhale????

Have you ever been to Alaska?

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article
,

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
It's Sarah Palin, Alaska governor.

i have been hearing those rumors.
Disappointing, a real nobody

She may well be talented, but given McCain's age and
ongoing health problems, would she be an appropriate
choice for the "one heartbeat away" role?

Only two-and-a-half years younger than Obama, she has 20+ months more
executive experience than both presidential candidates.

Of course, that's as governor of Alaska. I imagine the budget is
comparable to a medium-to-large city like Dallas.

Stephen

The job of the President is to define issues and initiatives, define
problems, and ultimately shape solutions. To those conservatives who say
Obama has no experience, I say look at how well and effectively his campaign
runs....he choses the right people, helps set up the right organization, and
then guides the process interactively with them.but thinks through and makes
the ultimately important decisions. As President I expect he will assemble
a superb cabinet and White House staff. And he ia a careful, nuanced, and
brilliantly intuitive and logical thinker who can "see" and connect the
dots.

John McCain, on the other hand, for all his good press, has a reputation of
being a loner, a bit of a dunce, and given to fits of temper and
impulsiveness. Is that really who we want with a finger on the red button.
I personally feel McCain is the real risk for President this election. And
now that he has chosen a baby-sitting beauty queen with no knowledge of nor
evident interest in foreign affairs whatsoever as his Veep candidate, the
prospect of his election seems even even riskier.

My guess is that this latest maneuver by McCain will backfire badly.
Regardless of how well Fox and CNN repeat the talking points.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article
,

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 wrote:
[...]

And Palin gets the foreign policy nod over Biden because Alaska is near
Russia!

No, she's a profoundly unserious choice.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 30 Aug, 00:33, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
*"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article
,

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 * wrote:
[...]

at least she is second fiddle.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Aug 29, 9:33�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
�"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article
,

On 29 Aug, 10:25, MiNe 109 � wrote:
[...]

She's also pro-life, believes that global warming is not man-made and
that creationism and intelligent design should be taught in schools.

Three strikes and you're out. She's still super cute, though.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

[Palin]
She's also pro-life, believes that global warming is not man-made and
that creationism and intelligent design should be taught in schools.

Those positions will help McCain in the bible belt, Texas, and Kansas. On
to the White House!