Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default Amplify Front Door Speakers Only?

I have a 2006 Mustang GT that I am thinking about adding an amp/sub to.
Currently, I replaced the stock Shaker 500 head unit with an Alpine
CDA-9885 and all the 6x8s with Infinity Kappa 682.7s while leaving the
door "subwoofers" connected to the stock setup. I am considering adding
an amp/sub in the trunk because the door subwoofers suck and I am
thinking about only amplifying my door 6x8s. I figured since I don't
like my high frequencies coming from behind my head off of the rear
glass, it would be best to leave those speakers powered off of the
Alpine head unit.

I guess my questions a

1. Would it be OK to just amplify the door 6x8s while leaving the deck
6x8s on radio power?

2. What advantage would be served by amplifying the rear deck speakers
in addition to my door speakers when I don't care for the rear staging
in this particular vehicle?

3. Should I just purchase a pre-fab MTX Thunderform, JL Audio
Stealthbox, Rockford Fosgate "Saleen" sub, or should I go with my own
custom setup?