Posted to rec.audio.car
ULB ULB is offline

Default FM/AM Antenna Exterior for Car

Hi all,

I need a new antenna (just the whip) which is bolted to the antenna
base. I am looking for a smaller flexible antenna. My current one is
on a jeep, its fine but it hits a rack I installed on the roof.
Anybody know of a quality smaller plastic or rubber style whip? Sorta
like what they put for OnStar?

Anybody have any ideas for a quality one? I am sure I will lose out
on reception, but I guess I can live with that.

Thank you!
Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

I would go to Crutchfield.com and see what they have.

James

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

ULB wrote:
Hi all,

I need a new antenna (just the whip) which is bolted to the antenna
base. I am looking for a smaller flexible antenna. My current one is
on a jeep, its fine but it hits a rack I installed on the roof.
Anybody know of a quality smaller plastic or rubber style whip? Sorta
like what they put for OnStar?

Anybody have any ideas for a quality one? I am sure I will lose out
on reception, but I guess I can live with that.

Thank you!

If you're in Canada, Canadian Tire has a wide selection:
http://tinyurl.com/637cvl

If you're in the States, try Schucks, NAPA, etc.

Or even Wal-Mart might have something.

FM antenna? Eric High End Audio 11 June 27th 05 09:28 PM
exterior doors, acoustics ? Robert Morein Audio Opinions 47 February 7th 05 08:01 PM
exterior doors, acoustics ? Robert Morein Tech 39 February 7th 05 11:52 AM
Antenna Samuel Groner Pro Audio 0 May 29th 04 01:42 PM
AM Antenna @[email protected]> Audio Opinions 4 January 7th 04 03:53 AM