Wil

Default Amplified AM/FM Antenna

I'm looking for Amplified AM/FM Antenna. I'm currently living in Central
Delaware and would like to Listen M660 in New York. I can receive the
station using the antenna supplied with my Receive "some wire that is
wrapped around and Plastic disk" but very poorly.

Thanks

Wil

Harris

Wil wrote:
I'm looking for Amplified AM/FM Antenna. I'm currently living in Central
Delaware and would like to Listen M660 in New York. I can receive the
station using the antenna supplied with my Receive "some wire that is
wrapped around and Plastic disk" but very poorly.

Do you mean WFAN in New York? During daylight that may be difficult.

On the AM band, an amplified antenna will amplify noise as well as signal,
so there will be not net improvement in signal-to-noise ratio.

You might want to try a loop antenna. These are directional and tunable.
You can peak them for a particular frequency and null out noise or
interference.

See:
http://www.selectatenna.com/

Art Harris

Peter Irwin

Wil wrote:
I'm looking for Amplified AM/FM Antenna. I'm currently living in Central
Delaware and would like to Listen M660 in New York. I can receive the
station using the antenna supplied with my Receive "some wire that is
wrapped around and Plastic disk" but very poorly.

I would strongly suggest that you try a GE Superadio III for
AM BCB reception. The other thing to look at is a loop antenna
(or frame aerial) which you can either make yourself or buy in
the form of a "Select-A-Tenna". You can find info on both of these
with Google.

Peter.

TCS

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:58:46 GMT, Wil wrote:
I'm looking for Amplified AM/FM Antenna. I'm currently living in Central
Delaware and would like to Listen M660 in New York. I can receive the
station using the antenna supplied with my Receive "some wire that is
wrapped around and Plastic disk" but very poorly.

All amplified antennas do is amplify noise. Their RF section is no better than
any tuner that isn't complete crap and their anntenna sections is probably no
better than what you are using right now. Just noisier with the joy of
overloading your tuner. Get a real, un-amplified, antenna. And if your tuner
is crap, money would be better spent replacing it than overloading it with a
noisy amplified imitation of an antenna.

Suggestions Indoor Amplified AM/FM Antenna Wil General 2 November 23rd 04 07:27 PM
Sugestions Indoor Amplified AM/FM Antenna Wil Audio Opinions 0 November 22nd 04 11:01 PM
window antenna problem Burt Car Audio 0 September 28th 04 04:54 PM
am/fm antenna Jeff Meyer Audio Opinions 8 December 19th 03 08:02 PM
need amplified tv antenna for wheelchair Richard Galli Car Audio 1 November 13th 03 07:04 AM