Posted to rec.audio.car
mantrid mantrid is offline

Default car mp3 players

Hello
Dont know much about car audio systems as I generally use what is fitted in
the car as standard. But recently mine packed up and I am looking for a new
system. As all my music that I listen to is on my computer I would like a
system in my car that stores and plays mp3s. I dont need a casette player or
even a cd player. I dont want to have a ipod connected to it by a wire. I
cant find anything that has a built in hard drive and a storage card that I
can pull out of the car stereo and plug into my computer and vice versa to
transfer music. I have tried looking for such a system but I cant find
anything.

Why havnt car audio manufactures thought of this logical step forward and
started producing such systems. Excuse if this is a topic covered before but
like I say Im new to all this.

Thanks
Ian

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

If you buy a head unit that has DVD capabilities (I don't mean necessarily
those with built in screens) as more and more higher-end HU's are
incorporating, you COULD burn all your MP3's to a DVD and play that on your
HU. A DVD can hold about 5 gigs of data so that makes for a LOT (thousands)
of MP3 songs.

Just an idea...

MOSFET

"mantrid" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
mantrid mantrid is offline

thanks for your suggestion. Im really looking for the ability to do in the
car what I can do on my PC hardware. ie make play lists. sort and filter by
various criteria etc. I suprised that systems llike this are not readily
availably already. It seems the logical way to go with digital music and
ability to download from internet etc

m...

"mantrid" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

Look for a HU with a USB-key port on it. Or get an ipod/zen/whatever,
and find a HU with an aux-in port on it.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

"mantrid" wrote in message
thanks for your suggestion. Im really looking for the ability to do in the
car what I can do on my PC hardware. ie make play lists. sort and filter

by
various criteria etc. I suprised that systems llike this are not readily
availably already. It seems the logical way to go with digital music and
ability to download from internet etc

Actually, you CAN create directories and sub-directories based on
artist/genre/ect. on your burned DVD-R or CD-R. This makes navigating much
easier if you have a disc with, say, 1500 songs on it. AND I know that my
Alpine allows me to search for a particular song on a MP3 disc by inputing
the title or artist name (though it's tricky to do while driving, but the
capability is there).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tnguyen Tnguyen is offline

Go with Kenwood KDC MP532U. There are several higher end model, but this one
will do just fine. I am currenly using this one with a 20GB hardrive (2.5
in) attach to HU via USB pigtail. Why go with the limitted DVD disc?

"mfreak" wrote in message
oups.com...
Look for a HU with a USB-key port on it. Or get an ipod/zen/whatever,
and find a HU with an aux-in port on it.

older CD players (nad 50x, 51x, denon 615/815) vs new cd players - anyone heard both? spronk Audio Opinions 4 November 1st 06 10:43 AM
CD Players sound the same? R Audio Opinions 187 April 21st 05 02:35 AM
CD Players sound the same? R Tech 198 April 21st 05 02:35 AM
Great *sounding* CD recommendation? ~GT~ Audio Opinions 155 June 22nd 04 02:58 AM
Great *sounding* CD recommendation? Robert J Dewar General 139 June 19th 04 05:20 PM