Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default alexis AD24

I want to hook up my AD 24 to the computer(mac) can I do this with an ethernet cable?
I have read that ethernet is too slow, is this correct? if so is there another way?
I have have also heard doing it by firewire, but the AD24 does nor have a firewire port,
What about those 3 digital ports on the AD24, is there a way to hub them together and go in via USB?
If I use ethernet how do I configure the set up so the computer sees the AD24 as I am really in the dark about setting up networks.
What I essentially want to do is get a good analogue mix on the board and record to the AD24
Then I have a hardcopy backup that I can use as a demo or rough mix.
The I want to do the final mix in LogiX
Can anyone advice me on this while keeping the instructions relatively simple.
I've been a drummer for 30 yrs and its time I learned about mixing and recording (been doing live recording a long time but have shied away from electronics and would really appreciate some help.