Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

Default RIP Freddie Hubbard

Man, we've lost a lot this year...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

Man, we've lost a lot this year...

The "Psychotic Reaction" guy also died recently.

And Delaney Bramlett. I've been interested in his short heyday,
especially since Bobby Whitlock moved to Austin.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

Man, we've lost a lot this year...

The "Psychotic Reaction" guy also died recently.

And Delaney Bramlett.

"I've
got
never ending love for you
From now on, it's all I want to do..."

A junior high favorite of mine.

I've been interested in his short heyday,
especially since Bobby Whitlock moved to Austin.

Gotta love Austin. I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Gotta love Austin. I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

Watch out fer rednecks.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

Man, we've lost a lot this year...

The "Psychotic Reaction" guy also died recently.

And Delaney Bramlett.

"I've got a never ending love for you
From now on, it's all I want to do..."

A junior high favorite of mine.

Bobby Whitlock said on the Hoffman forum that was really written by Carl
Radle. Bramlett probably contributed to the finished song, but somehow
Radle's credit got lost in the shuffle.

I've been interested in his short heyday,
especially since moved to Austin.

Gotta love Austin. I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

SXSW is March 17-21, coinciding with spring break, but there's always
something going on.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Dec 30, 10:59�am, George M. Middius
wrote:
Jenn said:

Gotta love Austin. �I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

Watch out fer rednecks.

In Austin? That place is an oasis, just like Athens GA and Lawrence
KS.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Dec 30, 11:41�am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,

�Jenn wrote:
In article ,
�MiNe 109 � wrote:

In article ,
�Jenn wrote:

Man, we've lost a lot this year...

The "Psychotic Reaction" guy also died recently.

And Delaney Bramlett.

"I've got a never ending love for you
From now on, it's all I want to do..."

A junior high favorite of mine.

Bobby Whitlock said on the Hoffman forum that was really written by Carl
Radle. Bramlett probably contributed to the finished song, but somehow
Radle's credit got lost in the shuffle.

I've been interested in his short heyday,
especially since moved to Austin.

Gotta love Austin. �I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

SXSW is March 17-21, coinciding with spring break, but there's always
something going on.

I've been invited again, but I may have to pass. Last year I was ill,
and this year I'm a little nervous about airfare, hotel reservations,
transportation and those $350 tickets.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

Gotta love Austin. ?I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

Watch out fer rednecks.

In Austin? That place is an oasis, just like Athens GA and Lawrence

You can't hardly thow a stone without hittun a redneck.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

Back to Freddie... I saw him about 5 times in the mid-80s, he was
always my favorite - edgy, high energy hard bop, always full bore.
Then sometime around 1994 he blew his lip and was never the same.
He was one of those figures who you kept hoping would heal up and
make a comeback. Every few years there'd be a concert announcement,
which was invariably canceled at the last minute. His death is the
end of that hope so many of his fans kept for the past 15 years.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Dec 30, 11:41?am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,

?Jenn wrote:
In article ,
?MiNe 109 ? wrote:

In article ,
?Jenn wrote:

Man, we've lost a lot this year...

The "Psychotic Reaction" guy also died recently.

And Delaney Bramlett.

"I've got a never ending love for you
From now on, it's all I want to do..."

A junior high favorite of mine.

Bobby Whitlock said on the Hoffman forum that was really written by Carl
Radle. Bramlett probably contributed to the finished song, but somehow
Radle's credit got lost in the shuffle.

I've been interested in his short heyday,
especially since moved to Austin.

Gotta love Austin. ?I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

SXSW is March 17-21, coinciding with spring break, but there's always
something going on.

I've been invited again, but I may have to pass. Last year I was ill,
and this year I'm a little nervous about airfare, hotel reservations,
transportation and those $350 tickets.

I've only attended on borrowed passes and I've usually been too busy
working to go anyway. Fortunately there are free shows, too, and
unaffiliated events.

I see you can book a hotel online when you register. Transportation
shouldn't be a problem: most of the action is downtown at walkable
distances.

Can't do anything about those expensive passes!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Boon said:

Gotta love Austin. ?I'm hoping to catch some of the scene when I'm there
in March.

Watch out fer rednecks.

In Austin? That place is an oasis, just like Athens GA and Lawrence

You can't hardly thow a stone without hittun a redneck.

But you have to throw it out of Austin to do it.

Stephen