Tracking Roller for H/K Rabco ST-7 Turntable

Old August 18th 17, 01:57 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Tracking Roller for H/K Rabco ST-7 Turntable

On Monday, April 28, 1997 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Michael Caplan wrote:
> I am looking for help in refitting the "tracking roller" in a
> Harmon/Kardon Rabco model ST7 turntable.
>
> The 'tracking roller" is about 3/4 inch in diameter, with a metal axle
> and yellow/orange-colored "gummy" rubber tire. The wheel's tire engages a
> rotating shaft causing the tone arm assembly to move across the record.
>
> The rubber material on the roller has virtually "disintegrated". (In fact
> it appears to have melted.) I need to replace the roller, or fit a new
> tire on the existing axle.
>
> If you have a roller, or know where I might be able source one, please let
> me know. Alternatively, if you have had the same experience and have
> found an effective way to replace the rubber tire part, I would like to
> hear from you. (Incidentally, Harmon/Kardon USA have indicated that they
> no longer supply parts for this turntable. Same for the H/K distributors
> and repair outlets here in Canada.)
>
> Michael Caplan

Hello Michael,

Just saw your post here.....
So did you ever get the roller replaced?

I've found this rubber Tracking roller in Europe, Italy.

The original roller is not a round O-ring, rather it is a flat ring instead.
Make sense since when consume by rolling on the metal shaft eventually an O-ring will gets flatten.

Email contact person in Italy is Maria.

Hope this will help for your restoration.
inzer
Old August 18th 17, 07:04 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Platt[_2_]

In article >,
> wrote:

>Hello Michael,
>
>Just saw your post here.....
>So did you ever get the roller replaced?

The message you just replied to, was posted in 1997. It's distinctly
unlikely that the original poster is still reading this newsgroup 20
years later. I suspect that the Rabco has long since been either
successfully refurbished, or scrapped.

Old January 22nd 18, 01:40 AM posted to rec.audio.tech

Too funny, I’m selling my ST-7 on eBay right now and I believe the same guy emailed me with the Italian info. I actually thought it was a joke or etc