Silver

Default PS2 as a DVD alternative?

Hi Group

I have an Alpine cva1004 and have heard that i could install a ps2 as an
alternative to fitting an Alpine DVD (and be able to play PS2 games!)

Anyone done this? any ideas or advice

Many thanks

Silver

dconder

Works great. Before I had Eclipse units with built in DVD, used an Eclipse
7002 and Alpine IVA-C800. You do have to have any invertor but, other than
that, easy to use. I even had a 900 Mhz wireless controller and could mount
the PS/2 under a seat.

"Silver" wrote in message
Hi Group

I have an Alpine cva1004 and have heard that i could install a ps2 as an
alternative to fitting an Alpine DVD (and be able to play PS2 games!)

Anyone done this? any ideas or advice

Many thanks

Silver

Steve B.

Default Reccomend a decent receiver

Vehicle in question is a '94 Deville. Alpine SPS-690A 6X9 in the back
and PolK 4's in the front doors. Has the factory radio.

Factory units keep failing and I want a CD. I also want something
that fits the factory opening. I mistakenly bought a Pyle PLCD200
because back in the day they made some great subs and I figured that
it couldn't be worse than the factory unit. I was horribly mistaken.

So.. I need a reccomendation.
I want to fill the factory hole if possible and have a radio that is
better than the factory unit. I want something that, like the factory
unit, has enough sense to send the base to the back and not overwhelm
the front speakers. I do not want to add an amp.

Currently considering a Pioneer DEH-P47DH or buying an older Alpine
off ebay. Will give up the "fill the hole" requirement if these are
not good or I can get something less expensive but meets my needs in
the smaller frame.

Steve B.
Silver

I've done it a couple times for customers only minor problem is having to
get a power inverter to supply the AC current needed for it.

Many thanks for the responses. I think i will look into getting an invertor
and going down this route as i (ion theory) will be able to play DVDs and
also games!! ideal

Silver