Michael

Default Digitizing vinyl records

Can anyone suggest a good application to convert vinyl to digital. It
can be either PC or Macintosh platform. My preference would be for
Macintosh. Currently I am looking into Rogue Amoeba.
Len Moskowitz

Michael wrote:

Can anyone suggest a good application to convert vinyl to digital. It
can be either PC or Macintosh platform. My preference would be for
Macintosh. Currently I am looking into Rogue Amoeba.

We hear that CD Wave does a good job.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
Richard Crowley

"Michael" wrote ...
Can anyone suggest a good application to convert vinyl to digital. It
can be either PC or Macintosh platform. My preference would be for
Macintosh. Currently I am looking into Rogue Amoeba.

There are so many choices it is difficult to recomend anything
without a better description of your requirements. If you are
just asking about recording wav or MP3 files, there are likely
a dozen choices, many free. If you need more (like noise
removal, etc.) that is a different matter. But we can't read your
mind at this distance.

Michael

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message ...
"Michael" wrote ...
Can anyone suggest a good application to convert vinyl to digital. It
can be either PC or Macintosh platform. My preference would be for
Macintosh. Currently I am looking into Rogue Amoeba.

There are so many choices it is difficult to recomend anything
without a better description of your requirements. If you are
just asking about recording wav or MP3 files, there are likely
a dozen choices, many free. If you need more (like noise
removal, etc.) that is a different matter. But we can't read your
mind at this distance.

I am just looking to go straight to mp3. Good quality, 192Kbps. There
is no reason to go to cd. I would like something that takes out some
pop, but not too much filtering.

Richard Crowley

"Michael" wrote ...
I am just looking to go straight to mp3. Good quality, 192Kbps.
There is no reason to go to cd. I would like something that takes
out some pop, but not too much filtering.

Spend a few quality milliseconds with Google searching for
terms like MP3 recording, pop/noise reduction, etc. You will
have enough to study to keep you busy during the entire 4-day
weekend.

Buzz

"Michael" a écrit dans le message de news:
Can anyone suggest a good application to convert vinyl to digital. It
can be either PC or Macintosh platform. My preference would be for
Macintosh. Currently I am looking into Rogue Amoeba.

Have a look he
http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html

My way of doing things + many links to
similar web pages talking about the
digitizing of LPs. And also many links to
various software. (Including some for Mac)

--
Allen Reny
http://www.a-reny.com