n8 skow

Default Your thoughts on my design.

Major areas would be the doors and wheel wells. The new bug's should have
pretty good padding on firewall from factory, but maybe the floorboards as
well depending on how much padding is allready there (sometimes just tar)...

n8

Actually, I'd change that to a 100x4 and a 50x4. The rears
won't need any more than 50 per channel and the tweeters/mids
certainly won't. Throw a few extra watts at the fronts and sub
if you've got the spare dough.

That seems like sound advice. I am going to do the install
myself. Any thoughts on where I should turn to learn how to make
the system sound as good as possible?

Yoga. You'll need the patience. Don't try to squeeze the process
into a predetermined set time.

I plan to do this all in stages. The first will be to put the
tweeters and 4" in place. Currently both are in the dash facing the
windshield. I would like to make a fiberglass panel to hold the
speakers up to face the listeners.

After that I will add the midbasses to the door, then the 6.5" in
the back. Finally I will get some amps and the sub and build that
stuff.

I am wondering the best time to do the Dynamat. I would like to
Dynamat as much of the car as would be possible and is effective.
Should I simply take the whole interior out and do the whole thing
or are there surfaces that simply don't need any? Can I do this in
stages? If so, where should I start?

Sam