David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Blind Joni" wrote in message ...
Try questioning or trying to quantify Doppler mixing. I was
astonished to find how politicized a technical matter could
be. :-)

I watched that one from the sidelines..didn't have time to keep up.

I gave up reading that one the first time a new header came out dissing someone...

I still maintain, "Doppler comes and Doppler goes... so be it."

DM

Blind Joni

Try questioning or trying to quantify Doppler mixing. I was
astonished to find how politicized a technical matter could
be. :-)

I watched that one from the sidelines..didn't have time to keep up.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
reddred

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
But there are other people's opinions to consider, and some people seem
really taken aback not so much by OT posts, but political OT posts. OTOH,

agree with you in that these things are incredibly important for people

discuss, and I feel that there are facts which need to be brought out,

about
current events and hsitorical events, that are best reiterated as often

as
possible in every possible media.

It's curious how the OT political threads rile so many to anger and name
calling but
the real concerns of audio seem to have so much less effect.

Well, I don't want to say something that sounds like a hallmark card, but
politics can be divisive, where art can bring people together. Even if you
are arguing about Audio, you know at some point that you're arguing with one
of the few others who cares at all.

jb

Bob Cain

Blind Joni wrote:

It's curious how the OT political threads rile so many to anger and name
calling but
the real concerns of audio seem to have so much less effect.

Try questioning or trying to quantify Doppler mixing. I was
astonished to find how politicized a technical matter could
be. :-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Blind Joni

I know. I just get so frustrated and like most people in life, they take it
out on the ones they love. So there you have it.

There must be a way for an intelligent guy like yourself to find a way to stop
this behavior. If these events really are affecting you so personally there may
be something else going on.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

But there are other people's opinions to consider, and some people seem
really taken aback not so much by OT posts, but political OT posts. OTOH, I
agree with you in that these things are incredibly important for people to
discuss, and I feel that there are facts which need to be brought out, about
current events and hsitorical events, that are best reiterated as often as
possible in every possible media.

It's curious how the OT political threads rile so many to anger and name
calling but
the real concerns of audio seem to have so much less effect.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

I let it pass for three days, then when my server showed there were
118 messages, I read the first 13 and the name-calling had already
begun. I'm sure there were interesting things to be said around the
r.a.p. water cooler, but this one is already dead in my reader.

No one says that anyone *has* to read every thread... get over it
people - my mommy taught me how to change the channel when
I was still catching it in my zipper. I haven't forgotten how that
applies to everything in life.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

WillStG

"Roger W. Norman"
George W. Bush isn't concerned about terrorism,
and it's been obvious for a couple of years to even the most blindered
people by now. He's interested in what he's interested in and the rest of
America be damned.

Well I hope this man rots in hell for an eternity for each and every one of
the soldiers that believed in him and died, and an additional eternity in
hell for each and ever innocent that has been killed by his actions.

Once upon a time, a Democrat said -

"... the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are
still at issue around the globe--the belief that the rights of man come not
from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.

"We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution.
Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that
the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans--born in this
century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our
ancient heritage--and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those
human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we
are committed today at home and around the world.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall
pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

- John F. Kennedy
Presidential Inaugural Address, 1961

... and you Roger Norman, are no John F. Kennedy.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

George

ospam (WillStG) wrote:

[...]

Unless of course they are Chech Rebels who take over a school and
slaughter children, and crashes commercial airplanes then our current
administration calls for Russia to negotiate and not go to war against
terrorism.
GW BUSH is a janus faced scumbag
BUSH MUST Go NOW
George
Bob Cain

George wrote:

GW BUSH is a janus faced scumbag

What's a janus faced scumbag?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Romeo Rondeau

George wrote:

GW BUSH is a janus faced scumbag

What's a janus faced scumbag?

Janus-faced means two-faced. I think that fits Kerry a lot more than Bush.
Like him or not, Bush is a lot more consistent.

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

George wrote:

GW BUSH is a janus faced scumbag

What's a janus faced scumbag?

Janus-faced means two-faced. I think that fits Kerry a lot more than Bush.
Like him or not, Bush is a lot more consistent.

Bush flip flops like a carp spawning

Bob Cain

George wrote:

GW BUSH is a janus faced scumbag

What's a janus faced scumbag?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Chris Hornbeck

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:31:02 -0700, playon wrote:

Not a chance...

These are difficult times and we could all practice some
tolerance.

We Americans are at a crossroads. What will we become next?

It's nut-cuttin' time kids.
Will's right, and George's right, and Ty's right and.......

So ,what's next? Does America survive this?

Chris Hornbeck
Pete Dimsman

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

So ,what's next? Does America survive this?

The 90's seem like such a wonderful dream now, don't they?

b.t.w., you better off than you were 4 years ago? (yeah, right (..))

Romeo Rondeau

Not a chance...

These are difficult times and we could all practice some
tolerance.

We Americans are at a crossroads. What will we become next?

It's nut-cuttin' time kids.
Will's right, and George's right, and Ty's right and.......

So ,what's next? Does America survive this?

Oh yeah, it's a bump in the road. Whomever is elected will still have to
make the tough decisions. We will still go to war when our way of life is
threatened or when we are attacked by terrorists. We will still use military
force when the diplomacy and sanctions don't work. Our economy will still
ebb and flow despite both liberal and conservatives efforts to control it.
We'll still be bitching about the cost of health care in 20 years, and we'll
still call whomever the current president on the carpet for everything we
don't like. It's politics, and it's been happening since the creation or
republics and democracy. Buch and Kerry will be gone... it'll be two new
guys.

Pete Dimsman

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

So ,what's next? Does America survive this?

The 90's seem like such a wonderful dream now, don't they?

b.t.w., you better off than you were 4 years ago? (yeah, right (..))

Romeo Rondeau

- John F. Kennedy
Presidential Inaugural Address, 1961

... and you Roger Norman, are no John F. Kennedy.

But both are veterans, and you could have some ordinary respect.

Like the respect the left has for the 250 swift boat veterans?

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

- John F. Kennedy
Presidential Inaugural Address, 1961

... and you Roger Norman, are no John F. Kennedy.

But both are veterans, and you could have some ordinary respect.

Like the respect the left has for the 250 swift boat veterans?

the ones that stood up for Kerry or the ones on the RNC payroll?

Romeo Rondeau

the ones that stood up for Kerry or the ones on the RNC payroll?

Name one that is on the RNC payroll.

Bob Cain

WillStG wrote:

Once upon a time, a Democrat said -

Will, he was simply puting Nikita Kruschev on notice. Does
not-so-subtle sublety totally escape you? I was a senior in
high school then and I understood what he was saying and to
whom.

Nikita called his bluff and then he called Nikita's. Scary
**** that was.

It's even scarier out now but no one seems to be nearly as
scared. Odd, that. _No-one_ is bluffing this time round.

"Nikita's Bluff" sounds like it should be the name of a band
or at least a song.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Chris Hornbeck

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:44:09 -0700, Bob Cain
wrote:

Nikita called his bluff and then he called Nikita's. Scary
**** that was.

It's even scarier out now but no one seems to be nearly as
scared. Odd, that. _No-one_ is bluffing this time round.

Nobody ever questioned whether the Russkies could *actually*
launch their liquid fueled rockets.

Well, at least nobody who knew.

Well, at least noboby who could talk about it.

Or at least anybody who *would* talk about it.

Thank God it wasn't political.

Chris Hornbeck
Pete Dimsman

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

Nobody ever questioned whether the Russkies could *actually*
launch their liquid fueled rockets.

Well, at least nobody who knew.

Well, at least noboby who could talk about it.

Or at least anybody who *would* talk about it.

Thank God it wasn't political.

Sting had it right back in the 80's. True now more than ever. And they
do love their children too.

The cold war had players that were relatively rational. Kept us from
killing each other. With OR without Reagan. (..)

We are both now dealing with crazy *******s that would just as soon
everyone was dead. Much more serious than the cold war i.m.o.

Problem is, Bush ain't helping. Unfortunately, just the opposite.

http://protest.bmgbiz.net/FailedOBL.jpg

Romeo Rondeau

Nobody ever questioned whether the Russkies could *actually*
launch their liquid fueled rockets.

Well, at least nobody who knew.

Well, at least noboby who could talk about it.

Or at least anybody who *would* talk about it.

Thank God it wasn't political.

Good point Chris. I think that anybody would have done what Kennedy did
given the same situation.

Romeo Rondeau

Will, he was simply puting Nikita Kruschev on notice. Does
not-so-subtle sublety totally escape you? I was a senior in
high school then and I understood what he was saying and to
whom.

Thank god it wasn't a self professed "peace" president.

Nikita called his bluff and then he called Nikita's. Scary
**** that was.

It's even scarier out now but no one seems to be nearly as
scared. Odd, that. _No-one_ is bluffing this time round.

You're right, it is scarier. But the stakes aren't as high now as they were
in 1962. That was a real crisis, way bigger in scope than 9/11. The fear
however is exactly the same.

Bob Cain

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

You're right, it is scarier. But the stakes aren't as high now as they were
in 1962.

You can't be serious. If you are then I begin to understand
where you come from.

That was a real crisis, way bigger in scope than 9/11.

What I'm talking about is also _way_ bigger in scope than
9/11. 9/11 wasn't about scope, it was about willingness.

The fear
however is exactly the same.

I was there then and I am here now. There is absolutely no
comparison between the fear evidenced by people then and
now. People are generally oblivious to the real stakes in
this game and the near certainty of a raise. This is a
no-limit game and it is certainly not zero-sum.

We're trying to deliver body blows to an opponent who has a
gun to our head.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Romeo Rondeau

You're right, it is scarier. But the stakes aren't as high now as they
were
in 1962.

You can't be serious. If you are then I begin to understand
where you come from.

Higher stakes than total nuclear annihilation?

That was a real crisis, way bigger in scope than 9/11.

What I'm talking about is also _way_ bigger in scope than
9/11. 9/11 wasn't about scope, it was about willingness.

The fear
however is exactly the same.

I was there then and I am here now. There is absolutely no
comparison between the fear evidenced by people then and
now. People are generally oblivious to the real stakes in
this game and the near certainty of a raise. This is a
no-limit game and it is certainly not zero-sum.

We're trying to deliver body blows to an opponent who has a
gun to our head.

Yes, but the gun that the Soviets had to our head was way bigger.