Iam Spamfree

Default FA: RCA BK-4 "Starmaker" Ribbon Microphone

I have an RCA BK-4 "Starmaker" Ribbon Microphone up for auction:

Ending on Sunday evening, March 21, 2004

Thanks for looking.
Martin Harrington

Does it come with RCA's??

--
Martin Harrington
www.lendanear-sound.com
"Iam Spamfree" wrote in message
om...
I have an RCA BK-4 "Starmaker" Ribbon Microphone up for auction:

Ending on Sunday evening, March 21, 2004

Thanks for looking.

Iam Spamfree

Gee, I'm not sure what you mean. It has an XLR mic connector on the
cable, not an "RCA" connector, if that is what you mean. Check out
the auction page (link below) and you'll see the specs etc. Thanks.

"Martin Harrington" wrote in message ...
Does it come with RCA's??

Ending on Sunday evening, March 21, 2004

Thanks for looking.

Bron

This RCA ribbon mic on Ebay is up to $734 already and the reserve has
not been met! Is it really worth that much?

Ending on Sunday evening, March 21, 2004

Thanks for looking.

Scott Dorsey

Michael Jack wrote:
(Bron) wrote in message . com...
This RCA ribbon mic on Ebay is up to $734 already and the reserve has
not been met! Is it really worth that much?

This price may not be too far out of line. Many early RCA ribbon mics
like the famous 77 series can fetch far more $$$. I am a recording
engineer by trade and to this day ribbon mics are renowned for their
smooth/"warm" sound. Many electronic companies are re-issuing
or producing new ribbon mics.

Yes, but the BK-4 was basically on a par with the 74B and the like. It was
a handy thing, but it wasn't as nice a microphone as the BK-5 was, and I
still see BK-5s now and then in the $300 range. Not on Ebay, though.

On the other hand, the BK-5 is common as dirt, and the BK-4 isn't something
you see every day, so I could see a collector paying more for it for that
reason.
MandoBazaaro

On the other hand, the BK-5 is common as dirt, and the BK-4 isn't something
you see every day, so I could see a collector paying more for it for that
reason.
--scott

US $1,325.00??
Scott Dorsey

MandoBazaaro wrote:
On the other hand, the BK-5 is common as dirt, and the BK-4 isn't something
you see every day, so I could see a collector paying more for it for that
reason.

US $1,325.00??

Yeah, well, I wouldn't. Especially with the Coles 4040 out there. But
somebody did.