Posted to rec.audio.pro
Beauchampy Beauchampy is offline

Default Crown D-60 Voltage Conversion

Ok, so I got a Crown D-60 as per recomendation of the group!

Only thing is I picked one up from the USA (I live in the UK) and
totally forgot about the voltage conversion (I'm not exactly your prize
winning electrician).

So I have this page out of the manual which is supposed to show me how
to convert between the various different voltages..

http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/D60voltage.pdf

Only problem is I can't even begin to work out what voltage it is
currently set to! I'm guessing 120v, but thats only because it came from
the US..

Anyway, here's some pictures of the inside of my unit..

http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/crown1.jpg
underside of the 'bit'

http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/crown2.jpg
topside of the 'bit'

http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/crown3.jpg
where the wires go

http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/crown4.jpg
in line fuse.

I've been staring at it for a while now.. The one thing thats really
thrown me off is that I can see two bridges inside my amplifier, one
between B & C, another between D & E. There isn't even a diagram like
that in the manual!

I was hoping someone with a little more experience could help me out here...

TIA!

Beauchampy
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lorin David Schultz Lorin David Schultz is offline

Beauchampy wrote:

Ok, so I got a Crown D-60 as per recomendation of the group!

Which group? Your message is posted to rec.audio.pro. It wasn't anyone
HERE that recommended that amp, did they?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Lorin David Schultz wrote:
Beauchampy wrote:

Ok, so I got a Crown D-60 as per recomendation of the group!

Which group? Your message is posted to rec.audio.pro. It wasn't anyone
HERE that recommended that amp, did they?

yup

http://tinyurl.com/gtot9