Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

Default ReVox A700 parts

I have a ReVox A700 on the bench and I require a couple of parts to repair
it. The parts a

TDA1000 Motor control IC. Studer part #. 50.05.0157
1.6384MHx crystal. Studer part #. 89.01.0370

I would be grateful for any assistance. I can obtain the IC, but minimum
order quantities blow the repair cost out too much (I only need one, not
50).

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:45:45 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Have you contacted Revox' maintenance agent in OZ?

**Of course.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

"bg" wrote in message ...

Trevor Wilson wrote in message
I have a ReVox A700 on the bench and I require a couple of parts to repair
it. The parts a

TDA1000 Motor control IC. Studer part #. 50.05.0157
1.6384MHx crystal. Studer part #. 89.01.0370

I would be grateful for any assistance. I can obtain the IC, but minimum
order quantities blow the repair cost out too much (I only need one, not
50).

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Google comes up with 360 hits for TDA1000 - Revox isn't the only source

**Thanks you. I am aware of that. What I require is a source for ONE of each
part, not 50.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:12:56 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

Do I read that correctly? Eur56.60 for ONE IC? Far too
expensive. The job is not worth it.

Well, the A700 was a fine machine, usually well worth a complete
restoration.

**My client seems to feel that is not the case. And, just between you and
me, I'm getting really ****ed off with his attutude.

Why don't you ask the members of the ReVox Forum? They're usually very
helpful.

http://www.revoxforum.de/forum/
(Mostly in German, but English is OK)

**Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a try.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Andre

wrote:

Do I read that correctly? Eur56.60 for ONE IC? Far too
expensive. The job is not worth it.

Well, the A700 was a fine machine, usually well worth a complete
restoration.

Why don't you ask the members of the ReVox Forum? They're usually very
helpful.

The A700 was a fine machine when new.
I had 2 pcs for repair that were both disasters.
When one thing was fixed another broke when the machine was
still on the workbench.

The TDA1000 is a custom IC made by/for STUDER/REVOX.
Shops who are selling it make a fortune by buying old stock
from Ebay and then sell it to service companies that desperately need
it. But perhaps, you don't need it.
I have been looking for the IC and eventually found out that
the problem was in the tapesensors ( the things you hook the tape
in between the tape-spool and the rollers )
The TDA1000 is the control IC for tapetransport.

On Ebay you can buy a STUDER for the price you would have to ask
for a complete overhaul and repair of the A700. So don't spend another
minute on it.

Andre
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mike Coatham

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
I have a ReVox A700 on the bench and I require a couple of parts to repair
it. The parts a

TDA1000 Motor control IC. Studer part #. 50.05.0157
1.6384MHx crystal. Studer part #. 89.01.0370

I would be grateful for any assistance. I can obtain the IC, but minimum
order quantities blow the repair cost out too much (I only need one, not
50).

Hi Trevor,

I've got a spare speed control board with those bits you need. E-mail me
direct and we can come to some sort of deal.

Mike