KleenBayce

Default is my alternator on its last leg?

alrite, so this morning im driving to school, and my battery gage is way
down, as in...cant really get any lower. i didnt even have the system
on, cuz my sister says it gives her a headache(ya i got roped into
driving her every day). so when i got to school, me and some of my
other friends had our everyday stereo showoff session.(some good
systems for a christian school). it works fine, but the gage is still
way down. after school...another stereo showoff session. works fine
again. i get home and leave the car running while i change for work in
case it decides to charge up. i come out, its still way down...turn on
the stereo. it plays like 3 hits and the whole thing cuts out. im like
ok, i need music. took the battery out of the van cuz nobody was using
it. same deal...battery's way down. it got me to work, without music.
at work during my break i play with the wire a little bit and it starte
charging. wow neat. so i park it, come back out after work...way down
again. play with the wires again, charges again. cool. and with the
stereo on moderate volume it starts dying again and even after i turn
it off it keeps going down and when i get home its all but dead again.
im only running 1000 watts right now, i've had more on my other car,
and was planning on adding to this system, not sure now. is the alt.
dead, almost dead, or easily repaired? comments appreciated, thanks

--
KleenBayce
KleenBayce's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32387