Joe Bag of Donuts

Default RF What are they thinking?

In addition to losing MBQuart,it turns our Rockford Fosgate has found
another way to stick it to their remaining dealer base:
marketing direct-to-consumers on EBAY !!

Check out highdesertaudio on Ebay.
Guess who ?????

Assuming Ebay dealers get left feedback by about 1/2 or less of total
customers, it looks like RF has pirated about fifteen thousand sales
out of the mouths of their own dealers in the past year alone.
Spike

Saw the same thing happen about ten years ago with 2 way
communications and cellular at my dad's business. There were several
companies he quit carrying altogether, and he would even point his
customers to the competition. It's a dog eat dog world..... sad to
say...

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:38:49 GMT, Joe Bag of Donuts
wrote:

In addition to losing MBQuart,it turns our Rockford Fosgate has found
another way to stick it to their remaining dealer base:
marketing direct-to-consumers on EBAY !!

Check out highdesertaudio on Ebay.
Guess who ?????

Assuming Ebay dealers get left feedback by about 1/2 or less of total
customers, it looks like RF has pirated about fifteen thousand sales
out of the mouths of their own dealers in the past year alone.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Chad Wahls

"Joe Bag of Donuts" wrote in message
. 130...
In addition to losing MBQuart,it turns our Rockford Fosgate has found
another way to stick it to their remaining dealer base:
marketing direct-to-consumers on EBAY !!

Check out highdesertaudio on Ebay.
Guess who ?????

Assuming Ebay dealers get left feedback by about 1/2 or less of total
customers, it looks like RF has pirated about fifteen thousand sales
out of the mouths of their own dealers in the past year alone.

In searching around for things for my next install (first in 5 years) I was
not impressed with RF. Why would I want a sub with fake hex cap nuts molded
in the cone? A sign of the times?

Chad

BrianQ

"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

I was
not impressed with RF. Why would I want a sub with fake hex cap nuts
molded in the cone? A sign of the times?

Yes, another sign of the times.

Rockford made it's big left turn when they went from a privately held
company to a publicly traded company.

At that moment (several years ago) the company's primary commitment
shifted
away from the dealer and the product user to the stockholder.

Since then, short sighted decisions to make the company appear
attractive to stockholders and potential investors have dominated.

I'm sure others here in the industry can name a few intances.

..