Mr. D

Default People without rear speakers

If you don't use rear speakers, how do you prefer to set the headunit's
Fader control? Do you set the fader all the way to the front speakers
or do you leave it centered?

Kirby

If I had no rear speakers, with an amp, i'd definately leave the deck
centred and use y connectors to go to the inputs on the amp. But if they
were powered off of the deck, I'd probably put it up to the front. Just to
be careful.

"Mr. D" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you don't use rear speakers, how do you prefer to set the headunit's
Fader control? Do you set the fader all the way to the front speakers
or do you leave it centered?

Daniel Snooks

Mr. D wrote:
If you don't use rear speakers, how do you prefer to set the
headunit's Fader control? Do you set the fader all the way to the
front speakers or do you leave it centered?

It makes absolutely no difference. For the record, I fade it completely to
the front ... but I am pretty sure that's just cause I am a little "off". I
certainly don't have a reason for doing it.

--
Dan Snooks

Tony F

I had a Nakamichi deck that even though had independent sub outputs, when
you turned the fader all the way to the front, the volume to the sub(s)
actually reduced. I kept it centered, even though I didn't have any rear
speakers. Weird. I'm not sure how many decks are that way.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

tay-

calm down jeff, it's just a kid

--
tay-
tay-'s Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25252

Matt Pueschel

ur dumb if u dont have rear speakers, put the fade in the front, if u
have rear speakers then get rear speakers and when u do put it alittle
bit more in the back then kick up the bass as far up as it can and lower
the treble acouple of notches below the bass, then u will have a kick
ass system.
~matt~

Mr. D

Matt Pueschel wrote:
ur dumb if u dont have rear speakers, put the fade in the front, if u
have rear speakers then get rear speakers and when u do put it

alittle
bit more in the back then kick up the bass as far up as it can and

lower
the treble acouple of notches below the bass, then u will have a kick
ass system.

Dumb because I don't wish to use rear speakers? That's crazy! I own a
small car, so rear speakers are not really needed as they would be in a
larger car. Rear speakers often ruin the front stage imaging. Plus,
there's a lot of people who don't use rear speakers, and yet they still
win competitions...

Jeff Foster

"Matt Pueschel" wrote in message
ur dumb if u dont have rear speakers, put the fade in the front, if u
have rear speakers then get rear speakers and when u do put it alittle
bit more in the back then kick up the bass as far up as it can and lower
the treble acouple of notches below the bass, then u will have a kick
ass system.
~matt~

Apparently, you don't know too much about car audio. General instructions
like "kick up the bass as far up as it can and lower the treble acouple of
notches below the bass" are just stupid and show your lack of knowledge.
Every single car is different acoustically and what may sound fine in your
car may sound COMPLETELY horrible in another car. Even supposedly identical
cars from the same manufacturer have slightly different acoustic responses.
To have a "kick ass system" as you so eloquently [sarcasm] put it, he would
need to invest a lot of time and money in finding out what sounds the best
inside his own vehicle. Very rarely will your instructions yield anything
less than a horribly bass and treble heavy sound that would probably be
better described as noise. Quite excellent results can be had from
eliminating the rear speakers if the rest of the system is acoustically
balanced. Having fewer speakers means fewer phasing issues between
speakers. It also means not having speakers that have different frequency
car in which I am currently running only 2 component speakers in the front
with a sub in the trunk. I currenlty have no rear speakers. My car sounds
very nice and balanced because of the time and effort that I have put into
it. I will eventually add rear speakers again, because I want the extra
volume. When I do, I can assure you that it will take a LOT more effort on
my part to balance the entire system again. If I were to follow your advice,
my system would sound like crap. Perhaps you need to read up a little more
on sound and the principles of music reproduction so that you gain a better
understanding of what it takes to reproduce a smooth, natural, musical sound
from a car stereo.

Jeff

Chad Wahls

"Matt Pueschel" wrote in message
ur dumb if u dont have rear speakers, put the fade in the front, if u
have rear speakers then get rear speakers and when u do put it alittle
bit more in the back then kick up the bass as far up as it can and lower
the treble acouple of notches below the bass, then u will have a kick
ass system.
~matt~

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, He'll be here every Tuesday night, please
try today's special and have a good night good night.

Chad