Steve

Default Need amp to fit under driver's seat

I have a 2005 Scion tC. I am putting a 2 channel amp under the
driver's seat to power the front speakers (6.5" CDT's). I can't put it
under the passenger seat because an XM unit is there. I also can't put
it in the hatch area since I sometimes transport a handicapped scooter
back there.

I tried to have my shop put in an Alpine MRP-F240 and a Soundstream Van
Gogh 400.4. Neither would fit - both were too long AND too tall.

The smallest amp I've been able to find is the MTX RT 202 (which is
7.98" x 9.75" x 2.1"". However, I would like a power rating closer to
that of the CDTs (which are rated 100w @ 4 ohms). The MTX is only 37.5
watts @ 4 ohms.

Any suggestions?

-Steve-

MZ

Some of the a/d/s amps aren't very tall, but they don't have a small
footprint. Not with the type of power you're looking for.

I have a 2005 Scion tC. I am putting a 2 channel amp under the
driver's seat to power the front speakers (6.5" CDT's). I can't put it
under the passenger seat because an XM unit is there. I also can't put
it in the hatch area since I sometimes transport a handicapped scooter
back there.

I tried to have my shop put in an Alpine MRP-F240 and a Soundstream Van
Gogh 400.4. Neither would fit - both were too long AND too tall.

The smallest amp I've been able to find is the MTX RT 202 (which is
7.98" x 9.75" x 2.1"". However, I would like a power rating closer to
that of the CDTs (which are rated 100w @ 4 ohms). The MTX is only 37.5
watts @ 4 ohms.

Any suggestions?

-Steve-

1" vs. 1.4" Compression Drivers Analogeezer Pro Audio 3 May 28th 04 06:43 PM
1" vs. 1.4" Compression Drivers Analogeezer Pro Audio 0 May 28th 04 06:36 PM
1" vs. 1.4" Compression Drivers Analogeezer Pro Audio 0 May 28th 04 06:36 PM
Number of drivers vs DB computer Tech 4 March 27th 04 07:25 AM
WTB EV DH1A drivers Lynn and Bill Koehler Pro Audio 1 July 4th 03 05:46 PM