Duc

Default Head units with 2 auxiliary inputs

The JVC KD-SH99
(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t05YuAD...&search=KDSH99)
features RCA input jacks on the rear and an auxiliary input jack (1/8")
on the front as well. This is perfect for my setup, as I want to keep
my Sirius receiver connected at all times, but still have an auxiliary
input jack for my iPod or laptop.

Unfortunately, it's no longer made and there aren't any being sold on
eBay at the moment. Can anyone think of receivers that have 2 inputs?
They can both be in the rear (doesn't have to be exactly like the JVC).
Your help is appreciated.

Sean Scott

"Duc" wrote in message
oups.com...
The JVC KD-SH99
(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t05YuAD...&search=KDSH99)
features RCA input jacks on the rear and an auxiliary input jack (1/8")
on the front as well. This is perfect for my setup, as I want to keep
my Sirius receiver connected at all times, but still have an auxiliary
input jack for my iPod or laptop.

Unfortunately, it's no longer made and there aren't any being sold on
eBay at the moment. Can anyone think of receivers that have 2 inputs?
They can both be in the rear (doesn't have to be exactly like the JVC).
Your help is appreciated.

Have you thought about a wireless FM transmitter for you iPod or laptop?

Duc

Have you thought about a wireless FM transmitter for you iPod or
laptop?

I have an FM transmitter for the iPod (iTrip). The Sirius receiver has
a built in FM transmitter as well. My experience with them is not good.
You'll find no unoccupied FM frequencies in New Jersey.

Rick Brandt

"Duc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you thought about a wireless FM transmitter for you iPod or

laptop?

I have an FM transmitter for the iPod (iTrip). The Sirius receiver has
a built in FM transmitter as well. My experience with them is not good.
You'll find no unoccupied FM frequencies in New Jersey.

Yeah they suck and even if the reception is good why lose the dynamic range by
going through the FM tuner if you don't have to?

I used to have a Blaupunkt that had both RCA Line-Ins at the rear and a stereo
input plug on the front. One good thing about the popularity of the MP3 players
is that more head units are starting to include these.

tnt

There's a couple of decent Blaupunkt that have dual aux inputs.

"Duc" wrote in message
oups.com...
The JVC KD-SH99

(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t05YuAD...?I=257KDSH99&s
earch=KDSH99)
features RCA input jacks on the rear and an auxiliary input jack (1/8")
on the front as well. This is perfect for my setup, as I want to keep
my Sirius receiver connected at all times, but still have an auxiliary
input jack for my iPod or laptop.

Unfortunately, it's no longer made and there aren't any being sold on
eBay at the moment. Can anyone think of receivers that have 2 inputs?
They can both be in the rear (doesn't have to be exactly like the JVC).
Your help is appreciated.

Wire the sirius reciever thru a 3.5mm jack with switching contacts to
the head unit, and mount it in the dash, so when you plug your mp3
player into it, it disconnects the reciever?