Matrixmusic

Default Best Reverb for Vocals??

I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
vocal reverb unit or plugin.
The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
do the reverb has to sound killer.
I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?
kevin

Scott Dorsey

Matrixmusic wrote:
I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
vocal reverb unit or plugin.
The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
do the reverb has to sound killer.
I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?

Try the Sony and see. I think the Sony DPS-V77 is a real sleeper and
gives you the cleanest reverb tail I have heard, short of using a real
chamber. I don't think the sampling reverbs are really that much better.
So I would be curious how the 2000A performs.

I suppose a chamber or real plate is out of the question?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Matrixmusic" wrote in message oups.com...
I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
vocal reverb unit or plugin.
The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
do the reverb has to sound killer.
I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?
kevin

I've never heard a SONY reverb that coudn't be tweaked to work well.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com