Sal

Default Sub question

Hi I have 2 10" alpine subs 6102 which are about 12years old. One of
the subs broke the connection from the little flexible wire. I braught
them to a shop to fix them and would charge about $25 to fix. My
question is is it still worth putting money into these old subs, they
can handle 150W rms 200W peak. Or should I get new Pioneer TS-W255C
10" subs for $79 which take 350w nominal 700W peak or Rockford Fosgate
P110S4 Punch 10" $99 which are 150W nominal 300W peak?
I will be powering them with a pionner gm-6000f amp 480W total or
110x2. May upgrade amp for subs and keep pioneer for 6x9.
Also is 1 10" sub enough or should I stick with two. I had two before
but space is limited? Lastly can we mix subs example buy 1 pioneer to
replace Alpine and keep other Alpine till it completely dies?
Decisions decisions....
Thanks
AntiSpammer

for me, i would never invest money into old items unless they holds a
significant "remembrance" value(like a gift from a old flame...bhahha)

but then it all depends on each individual...

Anon

Personally I would go for new subs. They'll most likely sound better
anyway. Just get ones that match the output of your amp so you're
not underpowering them. Also, you can mix two different brands of subs
but in general it's not a very good idea. Believe me, I've tried and
they'll work but it won't sound very good.